SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
nash
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The master planning work is a collaborative team work between NBBJ as the planning firm, C& T as the local architects and Brigade Developers as the clients based in Bangalore. The client wanted to build an extraordinary livable, marketable and sustainable township on 130 acres of land next to the new international airport of Bangalore. The township is divided into a majority of housing areas in a hierarchy of Villas, HIG, MIG, EWS, Affordable, apartments and a network of public-commercial buildings like hospitals, offices, schools, malls, multiplexes, market streets, urban parks and playground etc. The site topography has some remarkable features such as tree plantations, water bodies & rocks. Propositions of the projects are to preserve the orchard tree & meaningfully integrate them into site planning and to provide multilayered mixed use environment that fits the needs of the residents to work, play, live in this development.
ORCHARDS PAVILION VILLAS SUMMARY

Type of residences:

4 Bedroom Villas
Plot Area—4000 to 4800 Sft
Villa Area—4910sft, 4925sft, and 4940sft

Budget range:

Rs 2.9 Crore onwards
(Exclusive of car park and Statutory Expenses)

Unique features:

Art Village
Nature Trails
Lush Tropical Landscape
Green Zones
Stadium & Sports Arena
School

Facilities:

Signature club
Shopping Center
Multiplex
Website:http://www.brigadegroup.com/apartments/orchards/index.html
Location Map

Renders

·
nash
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
BRIGADE ORCHARD VILLAS

The southern entry, from Cargo road of the project is localized by scale and form. The boulevard meanders into the South end circle with a grand welcoming landscape boulevard & water features suggests a relaxed, countryside experience which is found in the "global center". The vehicular experience includes a stone bridge that spans over a nalla & curvilinear pathway that becomes the transition from the "outside" world to the slower pace experience of the villa community. While designing under these objectives, the master plan achievements allow for operating between fluctuating paces of urban life. Both entail community interaction, and landscapes that respond to alternating degrees of public and private accommodations.

·
nash
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ all villas no high rise is no good.. at least 2 residential high rises required in a township
who said no apartments and high rises read the article correctly
130 acres of land next to the new international airport of Bangalore. The township is divided into a majority of housing areas in a hierarchy of Villas, HIG, MIG, EWS, Affordable, apartments and a network of public-commercial buildings like hospitals, offices, schools, malls, multiplexes, market streets, urban parks and playground etc. The site topography has some remarkable features such as tree plantations, water bodies & rocks. Propositions of the projects are to preserve the orchard tree & meaningfully integrate them into site planning and to provide multilayered mixed use environment that fits the needs of the residents to work, play, live in this development

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
^^Gentem, my advice is that you may please tone down a bit in your comments. BTW this is not entirely based on your above post, but on your general behaviour across the forum.

Please excuse if I am being blunt, but most of your comments seems to be idiotic and off topic.

Coming to your posts here, do understand that no high rises would be there in the vicinity of BIA. Remember, this is a green field International Airport and having high rises would not be possible in such a location.

As per the zoning laws of BIAAPA, the buildings should have a maximum height of only G+7 Floors or 25m whichever is lower.

·
Registered
212 Posts
^^Gentem, my advice is that you may please tone down a bit in your comments. BTW this is not entirely based on your above post, but on your general behaviour across the forum.

Please excuse if I am being blunt, but most of your comments seems to be idiotic and off topic.

Coming to your posts here, do understand that no high rises would be there in the vicinity of BIA. Remember, this is a green field International Airport and having high rises would not be possible in such a location.

As per the zoning laws of BIAAPA, the buildings should have a maximum height of only G+7 Floors or 25m whichever is lower.

+1

·
Banned
10,081 Posts

first of all thanks for the warning, good to warn before ban.. but i dont understand how this is idiotic, i never dreamt only 7 floors allowed near BIA. i have been harsh to only those who have been harsh to me. see krinix above, he hardly contributes to forum, but here comes fast to tell +1

·
Registered
212 Posts
first of all thanks for the warning, good to warn before ban.. but i dont understand how this is idiotic, i never dreamt only 7 floors allowed near BIA. i have been harsh to only those who have been harsh to me. see krinix above, he hardly contributes to forum, but here comes fast to tell +1
I guess sudheesh will understand why I stay away, and many more who were contributing earlier.

You have answered your own questions... Read wht you have said and youll understand.

·
Banned
10,081 Posts
I guess sudheesh will understand why I stay away, and many more who were contributing earlier.

You have answered your own questions... Read wht you have said and youll understand.
so u and many more are staying away because of me, not sure of that as u have only 152 posts since may 2006. then it is for the mods to take a call, to decide if the forum were better before april 2010 when i entered..

i generally stay away from other city forums, let alone flame-baiting there.. instead people like master of disguise come here and leave stray comments.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Yes I do. Of course it is a matter of concern.

We have to keep the decorum of the forum, unless we ourselves will become a laughing stock for others.

Gentem, I am not entirely blaming you, you have the company of at least one/two in Bangalore/KA forums.

. but i dont understand how this is idiotic, i never dreamt only 7 floors allowed near BIA.
As I said, the crux of the issue is not ‘being known that highrises are not allowed near BIA’. It is the ‘Attitude’ & ‘Beliefs’ by which you counter most of the posts, without having enough knowledge on the subject being spoken.

I understand that all those who are SSC forumers would not be professionals or up to date. But being a niche forum which focuses on urbanity/construction etc, it would be expected from a forumer who is active in a forum to have some basic knowledge. It is only elementary to know that ‘highrises’ would not be allowed near any Airport, let alone BIA. National Building Code also gives the or the maximum height of buildings with respect to their distance from ARP (Airport Reference Point). As per AAI, a building can have up to 48m height, but BIAPPA stipulates 25m height.

. i have been harsh to only those who have been harsh to me. .
Friend, that is from your view point. Others will also say the same. You can make sound only with two hands only.

. see krinix above, he hardly contributes to forum, but here comes fast to tell +1
so u and many more are staying away because of me, not sure of that as u have only 152 posts since may 2006. .
The ‘status’ or ‘contribution’ by a forumer is not measured by the ‘total number of posts’. We have many senior valuable members in SSC who have comparatively less posts to their credits.

On the other hand, some of those who have high post numbers in the forum have very immature behavior, and most of the time appear as trolls or spammers or people with myopia. And do understand that having a ‘higher post count’ will not ‘protect’ them.

. instead people like master of disguise come here and leave stray comments.
This is not a place for TIT FOR TAT reactions. And mostly, whoever has made such comments have done mainly as reaction and not as an aggression.

I think it is better for me/us to straightaway delete posts/brig/ban members rather than wasting my/ours time and energy explaining like this every time.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes I do. Of course it is a matter of concern.

We have to keep the decorum of the forum, unless we ourselves will become a laughing stock for others.

Gentem, I am not entirely blaming you, you have the company of at least one/two in Bangalore/KA forums.

As I said, the crux of the issue is not ‘being known that highrises are not allowed near BIA’. It is the ‘Attitude’ & ‘Beliefs’ by which you counter most of the posts, without having enough knowledge on the subject being spoken.

I understand that all those who are SSC forumers would not be professionals or up to date. But being a niche forum which focuses on urbanity/construction etc, it would be expected from a forumer who is active in a forum to have some basic knowledge. It is only elementary to know that ‘highrises’ would not be allowed near any Airport, let alone BIA. National Building Code also gives the or the maximum height of buildings with respect to their distance from ARP (Airport Reference Point). As per AAI, a building can have up to 48m height, but BIAPPA stipulates 25m height.

Friend, that is from your view point. Others will also say the same. You can make sound only with two hands only.

The ‘status’ or ‘contribution’ by a forumer is not measured by the ‘total number of posts’. We have many senior valuable members in SSC who have comparatively less posts to their credits.

On the other hand, some of those who have high post numbers in the forum have very immature behavior, and most of the time appear as trolls or spammers or people with myopia. And do understand that having a ‘higher post count’ will not ‘protect’ them.

This is not a place for TIT FOR TAT reactions. And mostly, whoever has made such comments have done mainly as reaction and not as an aggression.

I think it is better for me/us to straightaway delete posts/brig/ban members rather than wasting my/ours time and energy explaining like this every time.
Much more than what I expected of our Mod... You make soo much sense and hit the nail hard on the head.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
hmm so what are the transport links for people commuting into the city?

near the airport means its 30-40km away from city centre right?

the builder of the project going to sponcer a motorway and run a 24 hour bus service?

·
Registered
212 Posts
so u and many more are staying away because of me, not sure of that as u have only 152 posts since may 2006. then it is for the mods to take a call, to decide if the forum were better before april 2010 when i entered..

i generally stay away from other city forums, let alone flame-baiting there.. instead people like master of disguise come here and leave stray comments.
Go Easy dude.. I am hard core bangalorean.. as much as you are.
We cannot be soo obsessed about our city that we fail to see the good from the bad.
Bangalore is not perfect.. and neither are other cities.

I have great respect for other cities... because what makes a city is people and the people are us.

On a lighter note... Stop checking my stats, about when I was born and when I joined and how much I posted.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
hmm so what are the transport links for people commuting into the city?

near the airport means its 30-40km away from city centre right?

the builder of the project going to sponcer a motorway and run a 24 hour bus service?
I do not think getting to the city centre would be of much significance in this case.

Bangalore is a city with a concentric circle layout. So unlike in linear cities like Mumbai, with the CBD at one end, the travel distances may not be longer for all. And Bangalore CBD doesn’t have much centers of ‘mass employment’. So once a person shifts to the East or North, he may not need to come to the CBD/Centre of the city. Another point to note that in Bangalore, people can shift to those places where their employment is. Even companies take this in to consideration while planning for a move to another location.

The developments planned by the developers are all around the ‘Airport Corridor’ to the North. As of now, I do not find much trouble to commute from BIA till Hebbal which is the northern axis, cut by the Outer Ring Road as an arc.

As you may be aware, the present highway is a decent one, a six lane with service roads. Already the work to make it a signal free corridor has also begun. So it would be a 6 lane tolled+ 6 lane free+ service lanes corridor. This is the present situation. In Future one may also the HSR or the planned expressway.

The stretch of the ORR, between Hebbal and Sarjapur, which form the north and south points on the circle, with K R Puram on the East is being made in to a signal free corridor. A few under passes are already complete, and works on other flyovers are underway. This ‘half circle’ is where the action is, connecting the IT hubs of Whitefield, Electronic City, and the portion of the ORR. Volvo services are already providing good connection in this sector, through ORR.

There is one more national highway which gives connection from Whitefield/Budhigere cross. It is a free road and I know many cabbies from Whitefield taking that route.

There are good connections by BMTC, both Volvos and other buses to Devanahalli. The poor sections of the society can depend on the passenger/shuttle trains started between Hosur and Devanahalli.

Finally coming specifically to Devanahalli, as of now it is a ‘Greenfield’ zone. So the developments can be planned well. The plots taken by builders are also planned keeping this on mind. Most are ‘mixed used developments’ where as a person who stays there may not have the need to travel to CBD or any other part of city.

Brigade Orchards is a mixed use development in 120 acres. The Villas would be first component to be taken up. The clients would be the well heeled upper strata of the society who wants a life in a gated community and have no issue in being chauffeur driven to any part of the city. ‘Value Homes’ will be followed as well as the apartments for EWS (Economically Weaker Sections). There would be MIG flats also. The concept of EWS housing is to have a sustainable society, the Villa guys need to have servants/maids and drivers who can be accommodated here. Office spaces/Retail and other utilities will also be developed in a phased manner. And the zoning is done in such a way as to give complete privacy to all. For example a 4 crore villa guy may not like to live next to the EWS flats, so those components would be positioned in such a manner within the large 120 acres campus.

BTW Avinash, I think you have the 'walk through' video also, right? Please post that too.

·
nash
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do not think getting to the city centre would be of much significance in this case.

Bangalore is a city with a concentric circle layout. So unlike in linear cities like Mumbai, with the CBD at one end, the travel distances may not be longer for all. And Bangalore CBD doesn’t have much centers of ‘mass employment’. So once a person shifts to the East or North, he may not need to come to the CBD/Centre of the city. Another point to note that in Bangalore, people can shift to those places where their employment is. Even companies take this in to consideration while planning for a move to another location.

The developments planned by the developers are all around the ‘Airport Corridor’ to the North. As of now, I do not find much trouble to commute from BIA till Hebbal which is the northern axis, cut by the Outer Ring Road as an arc.

As you may be aware, the present highway is a decent one, a six lane with service roads. Already the work to make it a signal free corridor has also begun. So it would be a 6 lane tolled+ 6 lane free+ service lanes corridor. This is the present situation. In Future one may also the HSR or the planned expressway.

The stretch of the ORR, between Hebbal and Sarjapur, which form the north and south points on the circle, with K R Puram on the East is being made in to a signal free corridor. A few under passes are already complete, and works on other flyovers are underway. This ‘half circle’ is where the action is, connecting the IT hubs of Whitefield, Electronic City, and the portion of the ORR. Volvo services are already providing good connection in this sector, through ORR.

There is one more national highway which gives connection from Whitefield/Budhigere cross. It is a free road and I know many cabbies from Whitefield taking that route.

There are good connections by BMTC, both Volvos and other buses to Devanahalli. The poor sections of the society can depend on the passenger/shuttle trains started between Hosur and Devanahalli.

Finally coming specifically to Devanahalli, as of now it is a ‘Greenfield’ zone. So the developments can be planned well. The plots taken by builders are also planned keeping this on mind. Most are ‘mixed used developments’ where as a person who stays there may not have the need to travel to CBD or any other part of city.

Brigade Orchards is a mixed use development in 120 acres. The Villas would be first component to be taken up. The clients would be the well heeled upper strata of the society who wants a life in a gated community and have no issue in being chauffeur driven to any part of the city. ‘Value Homes’ will be followed as well as the apartments for EWS (Economically Weaker Sections). There would be MIG flats also. The concept of EWS housing is to have a sustainable society, the Villa guys need to have servants/maids and drivers who can be accommodated here. Office spaces/Retail and other utilities will also be developed in a phased manner. And the zoning is done in such a way as to give complete privacy to all. For example a 4 crore villa guy may not like to live next to the EWS flats, so those components would be positioned in such a manner within the large 120 acres campus.

BTW Avinash, I think you have the 'walk through' video also, right? Please post that too.
No Sudheesh i don't have 'walk through' Video of Orchards

1 - 20 of 58 Posts