Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
“There is no excuse for this,” said Rod Jude, spokesman of Sierra Club Miami Group. “First, I think we don’t need to build up the city all at once like we’re doing, but if that’s the case, the local government should bend over and backwards to enforce the law, especially when you have a mayor in a green mantle. Going out and buying a bunch of Priuses won’t solve problems like this.”

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^

LOL :lol: LOL

OK LETS TAKE TURNS BUILDING HMM LETS SEE 2 YEAR CONSTRUCTION TIME PER BUILDING IN 100 YEARS WE SHOULD HAVE 50 TOWERS DONE... WHAT AN IDIOT...

STORM DRAINS HAVE MOTOR OIL AND A BUNCH OF OTHER TOXINS IN IT CONCRETE IS MADE OF LIMESTONE WHICH IS WHAT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF BISCAYNE BAY ANYWAYS...

ALSO THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A WELL AND A DRAIN THE ONE BEHIND 50 BISCAYNE IS A WELL IT REQUIRES A TRUCK TO COME AND SUCK OUT THE CONTENTS AND EMPTY IT.

PEOPLE BITCH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE MOST IDIOTIC THINGS...

ALSO HE IS FROM THE SIERRA GROUP? SIERRA GROUP IS PRO URBAN DEVELOPMENT AND AGAINST URBAN SPRAWL (SUBURBS THAT PAVE OVER PARADISE) HE NEEDS TO GO READ HIS HANDBOOK BEFORE HE MAKES A STATEMENT TO A NEWSPAPER... GUESS HE GOT HIS 15 MINS OF FAME

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Uh those condos are saving all kinds of precious land from suburbs, if we built suburbs instead of Condos the water supply would be in MUCH worse condition, DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE ANY DIFFERENT IF THEY BUILT A SUBDIVISION, once done, all those yards would get polluted and the runoff would go into the storm drains. EVERYTIME someone fertilized their lawn the fertilizer would flow into a drain and pollute our dying Coral Reef. All the suburban pollution get recycled into a vicious cycle that flows through the Everglades and ends up in the Keys, down in the Bay of Florida. Mercury levels are already high due to people taking care of their lawns, THIS is the alternative to Condos, is it pretty? No. And if we don’t do something about it soon, its our marine life that will suffer. So this little bit of "pollution" that comes from construction is nothing.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
THANKS WILL I HAD JUST POSTED THAT

ALSO HE IS FROM THE SIERRA GROUP? SIERRA GROUP IS PRO URBAN DEVELOPMENT AND AGAINST URBAN SPRAWL (SUBURBS THAT PAVE OVER PARADISE) HE NEEDS TO GO READ HIS HANDBOOK BEFORE HE MAKES A STATEMENT TO A NEWSPAPER... GUESS HE GOT HIS 15 MINS OF FAME
THEY CANT BLAME THE DEVELOPER HE HAS NO SAY IN HOW ITS BUILT, ITS THE CONTRACTOR WHO IS AT FAULT AND EVEN THEN YOU CANT BLAME HIM FOR A RAINY DAY WITH 2-5 INCHES OF RAIN WHICH LEAD TO RUNOFF THAT WOULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE.. WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO VACUUM THE DIRT OFF THE FLOOR?

·
Biscayne Corridor Realtor
930 Posts
dude... I mean dude

For you condo cheerleaders who seem to care about nothing but how cool the skyline will look with the big bad new buildings, take a look at this article ad see what your hero developers are doing to the city's water supply http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/news.html?news_id=43503
Condos are the most efficient least harmful way to live on the environment. Sprawl and suburbs are the biggest waste, condos mean no lawns, no lawns means water conservation and less toxic crap being sprayed down into the water YOU drink. Please tell me what part of this don't you get.

Suburbs bad, urbanism good. Repeat 50 times on the black board

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
THE ONLY REASON THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN WAS TO TALK CRAP ABOUT OUR MARKET AND SO THEY CAN SELL MORE SCAVENGER VESSELS...

About Water Management Technologies II ™
Water Management Technologies II is the affiliated marketing and distribution company of Water Management Technologies, which was founded in 1995 to better the environment through advanced water decontamination technologies. The company holds the patent to the Oxy-Plus System™, an advanced process that treats and revitalizes waterways by directly aerating the water with a combination of ozone and oxygenation. For more information visit www.scavengervessel.com or contact Sophie Mastriano at 954-668-6937.

http://bcegov2.broward.org/newsrelease/viewscreen.asp?MessageID=1290

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
What a major idiot. I guess that dude would rather have suburban sprawl all across the everglades than having buildings.

·
Banned
655 Posts
dude2006; said:
For you condo cheerleaders who seem to care about nothing but how cool the skyline will look with the big bad new buildings, take a look at this article ad see what your hero developers are doing to the city's water supply http://www.dailybusinessreview.com/news.html?news_id=43503
Like my fellow posters above, I have to strongly disagree with you here. Suburban sprawl creates many more problems with the environment than urban development. Urban development must happen to prevent further sprawl, which is ruining the everglades. MORE development is needed to help save Florida's environment, not less, because sprawl will get worse if more skyscrapers and density aren't added to the city core which is already developed. Taking more land away from the everglades is the worst possible thing for the environment.

Dude2006, I've noticed that in your few posts that you are very pro-sprawl, anti-development, and a typical NIMBY. It seems like you are not interested in development, because you dislike it and even create false reports that it's ruining the environment. I can understand when you were against Villa Magna, but your latest post is absolutely ridiculous and laughable. What you said is the exact opposite of the truth. Please stop making up facts just to support your anti-development point of view. I don't understand why you come to a skyscraper forum, since you are anti-development and oppose nearly every skyscraper in Miami.

·
Banned
73 Posts
I've got to go with the crowd here. Urban development (building up instead of out) is actually a good thing for the environment, because suburban sprawl (the alternative) is ten times worse for it.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
dude2006 although the article does bring up a serious issue the fault lies with the construction companies and not the developers. They are the ones who are responsible for disposing of construction debris not the developers. As for the guy from the Sierra Club is he a comedian?

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Nice Drive-by posting there Dude 2006. I hope that one day you can find happiness and get a job were you can contribute to society. It takes much more effort, brains, and chuzpah than to villify people that are building, creating, and developing housing for other people. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts