SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
23,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a thread for proposed developments, but nothing for developments that may be popping up in future, but haven't quite reached the proposal stage.

Ingenuity Property Investments (Atlantic Centre/Newspaper House/1 Dock Road) have acquired the following:

The Company also concluded two agreements to acquire a central city block of two adjacent properties situated at 102 – 105*Strand*Street and 117 Strand Street, Cape Town costing R26*million and R60 million respectively.

These acquisitions will be funded by way of loan facilities from Nedbank for R14.4 million and R36 million respectively, with the balances settled by way of a combination of vendor placements of shares to be issued and from internal cash resources. These properties collectively comprise an entire city block situated in Strand Street, Cape Town at the gateway into the Cape Town CBD. They were acquired as a value-add opportunity and for redevelopment. Registration of transfer of both these properties is expected during May 2014.
If I'm interpreting that correctly, it means we could finally be bidding farewell to Midmar and surrounds in the (hopefully not too distant) future. That section of the CBD is sorely in need of some love!

·
Registered
297 Posts
This is an inquiry. I see demolition works at corner of Cavendish and Warwick Road in Claremont on the site of the old Boardmans. Does anyone know whats happening here. I'll take pictures tomorrow. There are no boards on site.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Don't know since how long, but large commercially zoned land making up the former (now long demolished) Marine Oil Refinery is up for grabs.
Simons Town needs a small mall/ shopping centre really badly
Again - not the best location as Simons Town proper ( ie: Station Precinct) is a better location.
I would however love to have this space built on soon. Great beach there across the road too!

In addition, other lots of this parcel ARE scheduled for development.
Heres the blurb:

Development Opportunity Calling All Developers

Price: R44 550 000 (1 650/m²) excl VAT,

Site ‘D’ as per diagram,

Erf Size: 27 000 m²
Current Zoning: Mixed Use 1,
New Zoning: GR 4,
Bulk1 or 27 000 m²,
Coverage: 25%,
Height restriction: 6 floors.
The bulk and coverage has been set as above for this development.
The Environmental Impact Study has been completed with approval.

Site ‘A’ as per the diagram has been earmarked for commercial/ retail development comprising of Day Hospital/ Clinic, gym, various retail outlets including an anchor tenant.

The development of the commercial component will commence early 2016.
The development of the residential portion, namely site ‘D’ can be made up of sectional title residential apartments, varying in size from 75 m² to 150 m².
All units should have sea views due to the gradient of the site.

https://www.property24.com/for-sale/glencairn/simons-town/western-cape/9107/103355442

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Superb! - I'm relieved the climate is right for them to build on this portion - its a great development and what we need that way!
Those flats will have a front row seat to the night firing from the lower north battery!

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
The town itself has nothing for the residents barring coffee shops and restaurants, the rest is afrikana, bric a brac and tourist aniquey/ naughtical kak.
What we DO need is a flippen supermarket, so yes, I'll take this! :laugh:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Interesting concept for a tower opposite the CTICC on Walter Sisulu Avenue. Not sure how old this is. Found on the Dianoua Studios website:

Communicare sells Cape Town Foreshore building to foreign hotel chain
Are these 2 perhaps related?

WESTERN CAPE / 7 APRIL 2019

Cape Town - Social enterprise housing non-profit company (NPC) Communicare has sold its property on the Foreshore in Cape Town to an international hotel chain for R120 million, it said on Sunday.

The new owner, a foreign buyer, operates in the leisure property market. They have been on the lookout for an ideal location for a five-star boutique hotel for some time and settled on the Communicare building on Walter Sisulu Avenue, opposite the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC), Communicare said in a statement.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-afr...chain-20757055

1 - 17 of 17 Posts