SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some renderings from Dewan Al Emara's website:

Al Jaber Shangri-La

Ibn Battuta Mall (pic is of the Egyptian section)

Green Community

Al Jazeera Stadium - Abu Dhabi - amazing!!

Dubai Pearl - worst design by far so far

World Trade Center at night!

I think its Police Headquarters in Dubai or something.

Something in Abu Dhabi?

Abu Dhabi Marina Yacht Club

Zayed University

On the website you'll find a link "Dewan Al Emara 2005 projects" at the very bottom of the page where you'll find these pictures.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Great renders and I do agree, the worst is the dubai pearl. I think you're right, it's the police headquarters, and zayed uni and the stadium are amazing. The green community looks very nice with the water around.

·
Registered
521 Posts
please explain Dewan Al Emara's , what company is that, i am alittle out dated here, or maybe i missed something

but anyhow, very cool projects and nice designs

·
Registered
521 Posts
i am not sure if u can call it a land mark, i mean no one really noticed it, and no one talked about it, untill they decided to demolish it,
if it was the WTC it self, thats another story, but whatever, the new one looks great,

·
Registered
86 Posts
But at least the old one had a bold image.i know it looks regular.but we have enough modern buildings..this building sortof reminds driver-bys the development dubais gone through. i just think this redundant structre wtc residance is just a bore...

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
what exactly are they doing on the pearl? Masterplanning is by NORR and then Chapman taylor is doing the design on the movenpick hotel.
Maybe these guys are doing the residentail towers?????
Dennis could you contact them for heights if thats the case as they have gib=ven us heights before and alos some renders if its possible as I added nothing for the pearl yet.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Aloosh said:
But at least the old one had a bold image.i know it looks regular.but we have enough modern buildings..this building sortof reminds driver-bys the development dubais gone through. i just think this redundant structre wtc residance is just a bore...
i am not sure if anyone really notices it while driving by,
i've lived here long enough, and know what i've never really looked at it while passing by. . . so glad to see something new in its place,

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
fair enough, so maybe only the Movenpick hotel being built by Arabtech has been approved and the residential towers and the other hotels are still at concept stage.
What ever happens this will be a very tall cluster with possibly the best views in the marina as you dont have anything of height around you and the best views of the palm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.