SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS HOW R U ALL
THIS IS MY FIRST POST HERE I HOPE U LIKE IT
I THINK THIS PROJECT IS REALLY WONDERFULL JUST GET ANNOUNCED BY ARAMCO AND WILL FINISH IN 2012 :)

HERE R THE PROJECT ENJOY :banana:

THE SITE PLANE

THE PROSPECTIVE

THE ELEVATION

THE SECTION

THE INTIRIOR

AND FAINALLY WHERE THE IDEA COME FROME

4 MORE INFO HERE IS THE LINK 4 THE PROJECT
http://en.culturerocks.com

ALSO U WILL FIND NICE VIDEO OF THE PROJECT IN THE SITE :lol:

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
impressive,good start arch.ahmad,as far as i know these the best project in eastern province!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
^^sorry exams takes my time,btw iam now commenting from my office,i have a break :p

·
Registered AbUser
29 Posts
It looks phenomenal but lets just hope its practical because even in the video it doesn't explain the whole scope of the project.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The King Abdulaziz Center for Knowledge and Culture is a dynamic and state-of-the-art institution that inspires passion for learning, creativity, volunteerism and cross-cultural engagement. The Center is the result of a monumental, forward-thinking Saudi Aramco initiative that exemplifies the company’s commitment to the Kingdom and its communities. Dedicated to honoring Arab heritage, connecting Saudis to their culture and bringing world cultures to the Kingdom, the Center aspires to be a powerful stimulus for the development of new ideas, perspectives and relationships. All this serves to promote social progress and intellectual achievement.

The Center is being constructed atop the oil-rich Dammam Dome, making it both a national landmark that commemorates Saudi Arabia’s first discovery of oil and a leading educational and cultural institution. Housed in an iconic building that is itself a work of art, the Center will offer a world-class museum, public library, historical archives, children’s educational center, conference and performance facilities and more. It will be the highlight of Saudi Aramco Cultural Park , which will also include a major community-oriented oil museum and corporate conference facilities.

Showcasing the contributions of yesterday, building on the achievements of today, inspiring the creativity of tomorrow

The Center groundbreaking ceremony was held on May 20, 2008 during the King’s visit to Dhahran for Saudi Aramco’s 75th anniversary. The Center will open to the public in 2011 with a full schedule of exhibits, programs and events. Here, at our online home, the Center will present exhibitions and host an online discussion forum.

·
Registered
787 Posts
This is from Snohetta:

The King Abdulaziz Center for Knowledge and Cultur is a bold new initiative on the part of the Saudi Aramco Oil Company to promote cultural development within the Kingdon. Following an invited architectural design competition in 2007 Snøhetta has been selected to design this prestigious cultural facility.

Located in Dhahran in the Eastern Province, the Cultural Centre will provide for a wide range of activities serving the local population and becoming a cultural landmark on both a regional, national and global horizon. When completed, the project will contain some 50,000m2 of diverse cultural facilities including an auditorium, cinema, library, exhibition hall, museum and archive.

·
Architect
86 Posts
this is just awesome
rally brilliant !!

I herd they held a big contract awarding party

ARAMCO will make it happen inshalla

·
Registered
6,553 Posts

isn't these stones using in sauna that imported from mexico and very expansive?

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Ah, was looking for this building, but apparently i had the city wrong as they all sais its situated in Dharhan, which is just a different name for the city. Snøhetta also inform through Norwegian media that the building is 60m tall.

Here is some renderings hosted on Photobucket, hopefully you will be able to see them then.

And a really nice video is avaliable on Snøhetta's website. If you follow this link you should get directly to the video which is streaming as flash. If the link is a dead end, go to their front page and guide you through it, its in english so it sould be easy. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
wow !!!
this project looks alien from a different planet, just like from a sci-fi movie .

I think it is great.

1 - 20 of 309 Posts