Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Thanks for compiling these Tmac. I like the one in post 6 as it shows most of Motijheel / Kakrail area, albeit at a distance.

BTW if any of you guys know how to take pano shots, please share the knowledge! I will attempt one the next time I am in BD, if I have learnt by then.

·
Registered
771 Posts
hey Tmac I have a question and anyone who knows please chime in..

In that picture of sadarghat, the buildings to the east of the river, are they on the other side, i.e. not the Dhaka/old town side?

If they are on the other side, it'll come as a surprise to me. I only crossed over once and there weren't many buildings on that side.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Hard to tell from the picture, but I think the city side is on the left, since most of the boats are docked there. The opposite bank is quite built up by now although there are not very many high rises. Here is a picture of Ruplal House from my Historic Dhaka thread - in the background you can see how dense the opposite bank is these days.

·
Tetulia theke Teknaf
1,865 Posts
I think the near side is Jinjira and accross the river is where the city starts. Ruplal house is a piece of artwork. Any idea if government has any plans about it?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Oneday I'll learn how to take panos with a real good cam...till then concede this :) ...I tried one with my mobile handset yesterday.

·
Tetulia theke Teknaf
1,865 Posts
1 - 20 of 107 Posts