SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just some photos of street scenes I took when I visited Mexico for ten days visiting Mexico City, Taxco, Cuernavaca, and Puebla. First I will start off with Mexico City where I spent four days visiting various areas around the Centro Historico such as the Templo Mayor and the Zocalo in addition to Coyoacán, Xochimilco, and Teotihuacan (unfortunately I did not have time to visit the other worthy places such as Polanco, but maybe next time). Note any alterations and/or duplications of my photos without my consent is unauthorized and may be subject to legal action.

Mexico , D. F. (Mexico City)

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Taxco de Alarcón, Guerrero

The town of Taxco located about 170 km southwest of Mexico City was named one of Mexico’s “Pueblos Mágicos” (Magical Towns) due to the quality of the silverwork, the colonial constructions and the surrounding scenery.

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cuernavaca, Morelos

Some photos of Cuernavaca which is located about 85 km (53 mi) south of Mexico City and is known as the "City of Eternal Spring" and the "Beverly Hills of Mexico" because of it's year round spring like climate and because the city traditionally has been a center of Mexican society and glamour, with many of the country's wealthy citizens owning sprawling mansions and haciendas in and around the city. Aztec emperors even had summer residences there, and today many wealthy and famous people including a few Americans as well as many Mexico City residents maintain homes there.

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Puebla, Puebla

Now last but not least some photos of Puebla which is Mexico's fourth largest city and is located 131 kilometers east from Mexico City. Puebla is also known for the Battle of Cinco de Mayo in which the poorly equiped Mexican army defeated the French army in addition to being known as the culinary capital of Mexico because it is considered to be the birthplace of Mole Poblano, Cemitas, and Chiles en nogada, in addition to weird ice cream flavors such as Queso and Taquila. Note any alterations and/or duplications of my photos without my consent is unauthorized and may be subject to legal action.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.