SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DIAGRAM: The Soon-to-be World-Skyline (w/ships) + others

I made a custom diagram using skyscraperpage.com diagrams of mostly high-rise structures that are under construction, some proposals and, to compare the sizes, several already built ones.

I also added three ship diagrams for comparison.
You will also find that there are a high number of Frankfurt buildings (this is my city of birth ;-)

If you want to find out more about the diagram's authors visit skyscraperpage.com for reference. If any of the authors doesn't want his diagram in my collage, please PM me and I will delete it promptly.

Have fun!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@WANCH: Yeah, I didn't expect the Burj to go that high either. Freakin awesome, isn't it? I wonder if they will ever build the Millenium Tower, I always liked it very much.

@Skyman: Thanks and your welcome :)

For all who want fun:
How many buildings can you name in the diagram? :banana:

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
Yup burj dubai will go that high, but it looks too fat there. STR's drawing is more acurate I think because the one above is just the 700m version blown up to 800m.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@*LaZ*VegaZ*: Actually one of my intentions for making the diagram was to be able to compare the Burj to other structures I know so I can really grasp it's size.

@malec: You're right. I replaced the Burj diagram with the more slim version.

Here's the updated version. I also graphically improved the crossovers between the buildings.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
If you're going to rip off the work of others, at least make sure to give credit to all the people, like me, that spent hours working on the buildings in that diagram. Do not just plagiarize our work.

Even better, ask permission.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
STR said:
If you're going to rip off the work of others, at least make sure to give credit to all the people, like me, that spent hours working on the buildings in that diagram. Do not just plagiarize our work.

Even better, ask permission.
Sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful. I quoted that I got the diagrams from skyscrapercity.com in my first post.

My only intention was to make a comparision visible between the buildings.
And I hope we can keep the fun spirit in this forum :)

I added this to my first post:
"If you want to find out more about the diagram's authors visit skyscraperpage.com for reference. If any of the authors doesn't want his diagram in my collage, please PM me and I will delete it promptly. "

·
17,407 Posts
andisart said:
@WANCH: Yeah, I didn't expect the Burj to go that high either. Freakin awesome, isn't it? I wonder if they will ever build the Millenium Tower, I always liked it very much.

@Skyman: Thanks and your welcome :)

For all who want fun:
How many buildings can you name in the diagram? :banana:
Building the Millennium Tower would be more difficult than The Burj since The MT would be built on water unlike The Burj which is on land. Plus Tokyo lies in a major earthquake zone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts