Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
:::::україн&#1
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Different Architectural Styles Across Ukraine

Different Architectural Styles Across Ukraine
I decided to make this thread because I learnt about the different architectural style in ukraine in my ukrainian saturday school.
note: The pictures are small because of photobucket.

Ancient [8-7 BC]

Byzantine [end of 10-13 AD]

Roman [12-13 AD]

Gothic [12-16 AD]

Renaissance [14-16 AD]

Baroque [16-17AD]

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
I would think Halychyna was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the Renaissance/Baroque Period... But thats just a guess... when sickie comes back I'm sure she'll enlighten us :|

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Nate said:
I would think Halychyna was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire in the Renaissance/Baroque Period... But thats just a guess... when sickie comes back I'm sure she'll enlighten us :|
Speaking of Baroque, I can't see anything Baroque about those pictures. Baroque would be something like the Dominican Cathedral, or the Bernadine Monastery.

·
:::::україн&#1
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maksym said:
Bloody excellent! What would the period, in which Galizien was apart of Austria-Hungary, be classified as?
I have no idea, i haven't seen pix of it...

Sergei said:
Speaking of Baroque, I can't see anything Baroque about those pictures. Baroque would be something like the Dominican Cathedral, or the Bernadine Monastery.
Nope both churches contain Baroque.
The elements of Baroque are:
~has the same architectural forms that are in renaissance but more "magnificent" and rich in decoratives.
~movement - unsettling rather than the calmness, balanced and meek renaissance.
~characteristics of ukrainian features - vertical composition of the building, democratic character, different forms of "bani".
~Has many rounded lines.

So you'll find that both have "moving lines", circular features etc.

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
_sick_driver_ said:
I have no idea, i haven't seen pix of it...

Nope both churches contain Baroque.
The elements of Baroque are:
~has the same architectural forms that are in renaissance but more "magnificent" and rich in decoratives.
~movement - unsettling rather than the calmness, balanced and meek renaissance.
~characteristics of ukrainian features - vertical composition of the building, democratic character, different forms of "bani".
~Has many rounded lines.

So you'll find that both have "moving lines", circular features etc.
Ok, but I just don't see them looking like Baroque. :(

·
mies fan
5,253 Posts
Nate said:

No, of course not. Together with southern Poland, it was part of Austro-Hungarian Empire between 1795 and 1914. An this is a period of classical, historic (neo-reneissance, neo-baroque etc) and eclectic styles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts