Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to downtown LA last night with folks from the job and have to say that I was very dissappointed. The first stop was in LA Live for sushi at Katsuya. Of course it was closed to the public so that tossed water on my original plans. So we stopped to have drinks at a couple of places outside LA live while we pondered what to eat so by 9:00pm we went to place after place and were turned away due to the kitchens being closed. WTF? 9:00pm on a FRIDAY NIGHT. Ciao, Engine Company 28, etc etc. What a joke. How can we claim to be worldclass when we shut the doors so early on a weekend night?

This place called Louie seemed promising but was absolutely packed. I'll have to try it some other time but the noise turned us away. Can't say if that kitchen was closed either but in the end we ate some so-so sushi at a place called Octopus.

Come on LA! We can do better than this. I travel the globe and can tell you that we have some work to do.

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
I think I've mentioned this before, but one my favorite places to eat in LA is a little place in Little Tokyo called Suehiro cafe. The ambience is warm, prices are affordable and it's open till 1 AM...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think I've mentioned this before, but one my favorite places to eat in LA is a little place in Little Tokyo called Suehiro cafe. The ambience is warm, prices are affordable and it's open till 1 AM...
Yams! Another fan of Suehiro's here. It's a little hole in the wall sushi place on 1st street. Affordable prices and decent-tasting sushi, very homey comfortable, diner-like atmosphere. Great place to just walk into and grab some sushi, saki, or beers with some buddies. The green apple cocktails are perfect for that special chick friend you might bring along after catching a late night movie or concert. Closes normally around 1 am and 3 am on the weekends. :cheers:

·
Chairman of the Bored
851 Posts
Yams! Another fan of Suehiro's here. It's a little hole in the wall sushi place on 1st street. Affordable prices and decent-tasting sushi, very homey comfortable, diner-like atmosphere. Great place to just walk into and grab some sushi, saki, or beers with some buddies. The green apple cocktails are perfect for that special chick friend you might bring along after catching a late night movie or concert. Closes normally around 1 am and 3 am on the weekends. :cheers:
Parking's a little tough most of the day, but after 10 pm or so it gets much easier. You might even get to park right in front of the cafe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.