SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 13753 Posts

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
The only ones that will be nominated are Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Bangkok, Seoul, Shanghai, Dubai, and possibly Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Osaka, and Makati. It's too predictable who will win though. The real contest will be for 2nd place. ;)

·
Banned
14,132 Posts
MattSal said:
It's too predictable who will win though. The real contest will be for 2nd place. ;)
I agree, it's pretty obvious that Hong Kong will win. I'll be interested to see which cities come in 2nd and 3rd place.

·
12,945 Posts
HK no doubt would take the title.......but I am surprised by the fact that well-known cities but have lesser skylines like Taipei, Tokyo and Seoul are being nominated as well.

I must say I am a bit biased but dark horses like Manila, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur shouldn't be sidelined as these cities have better skylines than many other cities in the world. :)

This is getting close to how the Academy Awards nomination goes about already! :lol:

I just want an honest and fair nomination thats all :)

·
Life is Here!
1,343 Posts
ok, time to parade...

heres some pics of asia's underdog or may i say darkhorse...

METRO MANILA

·
| sariwa |
513 Posts
hey Sleepwalker_Uno :D nice pics!

i got a bigger version of that 3rd Makati pic:

Makati's skyline is cool, so is Ortigas', sadly very few peopel outside Asia are even aware of them.. But when more businesses branch into BGC and up comin Bay City; Makati city, Ortigas center and the Manila skylines will all be linked.. great skylines becoming even better in the v near future! :D

·
| sariwa |
513 Posts
Nice pics SUNNI! i like the first one!

This was posted in the Philippine Subforum by ^SoMeGuY^, pics from a condo:
^SoMeGuY^ said:
a stunning view of makati skyline from Pacific plaza BGC..

from pacific plaza too

pacifiz plaza view (lower floor)

imagine a view like that from home specially at night??
Who could deny a skyline that resembles an Asian Manhattan so well?? Metro-Manila's skylines deserves some appreciation :)

·
Iron horse rider dlx
4,278 Posts
Yeah I can't believe metro Manila didn't make it to the voting round.

Also, Tokyo and Seoul deserves more appreciation and ranking. Here's tokyo:
TR-909+ said:
TOKYO PICS SET. Enjoy

central Tokyo from shinjuku
wide pic scroll>>>>>

Tokyo bay

odaiba beach

Italiantown and shiodome

shinjuku

Shibuya

out side of city

1 - 20 of 13753 Posts