Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Propse your favourite city square, or put some photos of squares in your hometown. We can also discuss why american cities don't have as good squares as european cities. I love pedestrian zones and a city sguare with no cars is something more.

Trafalgar Sq - London, UK

Piazza di Trevi - Rome, Italy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Krakow Sqaure in Poland

Krakow Sqaure - Poland
(Biggest market square in Europe)

Among the most notable of the city's hundreds of historic buildings are: the Royal Castle and Cathedral on Wawel Hill, where King John III Sobieski is buried; the medieval Old Town with its beautiful square; Market Square (200 meters on a side); dozens of old churches and museums; the 14th century buildings of the Jagiellonian University

·
Registered
466 Posts
I like the one in Brugge and there are loads in Londond that are nicer than Trafalgar sq particularly the ones with grass in the middle.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Here is a rendering of Yonge and Dundas Square in Toronto. Everything is finished in that square already except the building on the right.

·
Waiting for 122
3,802 Posts
lyonsdown said:
I like the one in Brugge and there are loads in Londond that are nicer than Trafalgar sq particularly the ones with grass in the middle.
yeh London has loads of cute squares dotted all over the place. I often much prefer greenery, wildlife and peace and quiet to human bustle. Love Russel Sq.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I haven't been to too many, but out of the ones I've been too:

1. Trafalgar sq. (Absolutely stunning!!!)
2. Picadilly circus
3. Times sq.
4. Leicester sq.
5. Dundas sq. (will be better in a few years)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Brand new square in Enschede ( 150.000 ), photos taken on sunday

This summer a 28- floor building is gets built in close range of the square

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Grand place in Bruxelles is definitely one of the most beautiful place on earth. :)

Or "Place de la Concorde" in Paris, the one with the Obelisque, between the Louvre and the Champs Elysees. I'm sure someone has a picture of it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
what about marienplatz in munich, or piazza san marco in venice? times square is nice, but people don't really hang out there except to shop. there are no sitting areas as far as I can remember. It is just a big boulevard with lots of stores and billboards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
La Gran Place is certenly the most wonderfull city square i've ever visited. I can remember other great squares not mentioned like Plaza España in Seville or the Red Square in Moscow.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts