SkyscraperCity banner

1241 - 1244 of 1244 Posts

·
GeNtLe UsEr
3,195 Posts
I wonder what participants will say and how their attitude will change once One Tower in Moscow is complete. If the other projects don't stumble, the look will become epic and definitely among world's best.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, I believe, that the best Skyline will belong somewhere in the eastern part..... or in London - those place in plans and current number of highrise under construction kills everybody in the continent. Lets see, how brexit and covid will affect them thou.

·
GeNtLe UsEr
3,195 Posts
London is building a lot, no doubt. That being said, in Moscow they don't have a guy who would make a 3d of all the projects UC and approved in the MIBC and Big City area. What is planned is absolutely stunning, both in terms of heights and volume.

I have seen renders of all London's highrises together. That'll look outstanding, hands down. But they are a bit scattered around the city. Seems like there are kilometers between the forming clusters. In Moscow it will be a bit more compact if you like. Along the river, from one extreme point of the growing district to the other it will be around 2 kilometers. In that territory we'll see about a hundred highrises in the next five years, not taking into account those outside the area but still pretty close to it.

To me, the skyline will look pretty much like Shanghai nowadays: a bunch of extra tall towers as a core and tonns of shorter ones all around. The most attractive shape, IMO.

·
4,859 Posts
It is enough to be among the top 5.

The battle for 5th place will be fought between Frankfurt and Warsaw.
So far Frankfurt is ahead of Warsaw in terms of roof top heights and with Four, One and Neue Mainzer Str. 57-59 it will stay that way for a while,
but Frankfurt must not rest on its position.

1241 - 1244 of 1244 Posts