Sao Paulo

·
Banned
580 Posts
mexico city is in north america and panama city in central america

·
Resurrected
18,630 Posts
Sao Paulo is without any competition the most impressive sea of highrises in the world, but I don't know if you can call that Skyline. BA is similar. I go for Santiago because of the beautiful mountain background, and Panama City...

·
Banned
2 Posts
highrises in south america

I don't like to play devil's advocate here, but i'm not at all impressed with the buildings in south america. :sleepy:

The reason:
1. a great many of the buildings are really old.
2. most of them are residential buildings only, thus making their architectural design very unimpressive.
3. the few newer ones that do have a nice style (such in buenos aires) are usually low-rise buildings (normally less than 30 floors) compared to buildings in the United States, Europe, and Asia.

I Think that the high-rise buildings in south america are impressive only for third world countries. :cheers:

·
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!
23,628 Posts
La Paz, Bolivia

IMO, this city's skyline is so underated! La Paz may have many poor neighborhoods and a very bizarre landscape and climate, but one cannot deny that the city has an interesting skyline considering Bolivia's economic and social situation. More than anything, I think this city sort of has what many other South American cities lack: A sort of well defined cluster of scrapers. Check it out and don't be fooled, the buildings are not 80-story high, but they are tall...it is just the shear size of the mountains that diminishes the verticality if the city.

·
Resurrected
18,630 Posts
A hard one anyway - the LA cities look too similar to each other (as the US cities look all the same)... I don't mean it in a negative way, I like the style and think Sampa is one of the most astonishing cities in the world, Rio one of the most beautiful settings and Santiago, La Paz and Bogota have just an marvellous surrounding. But from an architectural point of view there is not a big difference...

1 - 20 of 1805 Posts