SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 2047 Posts

·
Arquitextualizado
7,269 Posts
There are few cities with a remarkable skyline in SouthAmerica, they are:

Sao Paulo, Brazil, i can say, the most impressive sea of high rises of the whole world...

Buenos Aires, Argentina, great density, beautiful, elegant and charming, so well planned city...

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, it has many clusters, really a big city, and its natural settings are out of this world...

Caracas, Venezuela, the only city in SA it has a 200+ skyscraper (twin towers of Parque Central, 221 mts. height)...

Santiago de Chile, smaller skyline than the other cities i mention, its tallest skyscraper has 145 mts. height, but the city has grown vertically really fast. Soon will be updated with two 50 floor projects that starts this year...

Bogotá, Colombia, beautiful, gorgeous, a precious mixture of tall buildings among a spectacular natural settings...

Lima, Perú,Big city, with a dense cluster of high rises in its CBD, and elegant districts near the sea...

There are other cities with a quite good skyline such as:

Quito, Ecuador
Guayaquil, Ecuador
La Paz, Bolivia
Montevideo, Uruguay
Medellin, Colombia
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Recife, Brasil

·
Taking On The World
26,334 Posts
Siopao said:
sorry, no offense, but there nothing great about south america's skylines..

imho, there is nothing amazing about Toronto´s skyline. A few tall buildings in an small area... not that great looking compared to many other cities around the world... an ugly ass tower (CN). Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find all these skylines fascinating.

·
Architranceture Feelings
1,887 Posts
No doubt for me
1) Caracas
2) São Paulo
3) Buenos Aires
I'd put Mexico City first one but is in North-Central America so...
;)

·
Taking On The World
26,334 Posts
I dont see why Mexico City would be first, only because it has the tallest tower? It has very FEW towers on the other hand... its more sprawled than Los Angeles... the number of towers is very small for a city of 21 million people.

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
1) Sao Paulo (Brazil)
2) Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
3) Bs Aires (Argentina)
4) Bogota (Colombia)
5) Caracas (Venezuela)
6) Recife (Brazil)
7) Santiago (Chile)
8) Belo Horizonte (Brazil)

·
Banned
5,987 Posts
Buenos Aires IMO.

Sao Paulo's skylines is full of ugly bland mid-rise scrapers. :S

They take away from the beauties on avenues such as Paulista.

·
Banned
5,987 Posts
AcesHigh said:
I dont see why Mexico City would be first, only because it has the tallest tower? It has very FEW towers on the other hand... its more sprawled than Los Angeles... the number of towers is very small for a city of 21 million people.
1) Earthquake zone

2) Of course its more sprawled than LA. It does have more than twice its population! :crazy2:

One thing it does have is a very extensive metro system such that it is one of most heavily used in the world. That LA does not have.

·
17,245 Posts
AcesHigh said:
Mexico City is not even a South American city.

41 - 60 of 2047 Posts