Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 626 Posts

·
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!
23,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for a similar thread in this subforum but could not find anything so I decided to open a new thread. My first thread in the Skyscraper's subforum :cheers:

We all agree that some skylines do not look too good because of architectural quality, choice of materials, etc. But what happens when the night falls? Do we change our perception of what a skyline looks like when lit up in the darkness of the night? Can a not-so-great daytime skyline transform into an amazing futuristic scene at night?

Lets discuss the implications of illumination and the effect it has on buildings and skylines. I think we will see many surprises! Maybe a peek of Las Vegas or Doha? A little bit of Singapore and Miami? Lets rate the best nighttime skyline in the world!

·
Travel Enthusiast
4,092 Posts

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,121 Posts

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,121 Posts

·
18,492 Posts
I agree 100%. New York and Chicago look better in daytime, but Hong Kong looks like something out of the future at night. Hong Kong night skyline is incomparable imo
NY is still impressive at night. It does not have The Symphony of Lights that HK has but it has some impressive lighting effects in some of its iconic scrapers including The ESB and 1 WTC.

·
39,928 Posts

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,121 Posts

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,121 Posts

1 - 20 of 626 Posts