Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 976 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
I'll make a start,

I think its clear sydney is the winner, exy and large,

2nd would be melbourne with the size also,

3rd i belive is perth, limited, but very photogenic.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
Jury said:
I'll make a start,

I think its clear sydney is the winner, exy and large,

2nd would be melbourne with the size also,

3rd i belive is perth, limited, but very photogenic.
True - but it all depends on what people like. Where the skyline is viewed from makes a big difference, I mean GC and Melbourne are better viewed from a distance making them look more dense while Sydney and Brisbane are better viewed from a specific direction, say the NE for Sydney and the SE for Brisbane.

jt

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
JayT said:
True - but it all depends on what people like. Where the skyline is viewed from makes a big difference, I mean GC and Melbourne are better viewed from a distance making them look more dense while Sydney and Brisbane are better viewed from a specific direction, say the NE for Sydney and the SE for Brisbane.
jt

Actually Sydney's skyline look nice from any directions. I prefer the view from the west, Opera House is hidden but you can see the full stretch of the skyline.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
OREO said:
Sydney by far
Second is Perth
ATM I would say Sydney for Density and overall appearance, Melbourne is up there, but Perth Second, that is crazy......

·
Agent of Change
7,209 Posts
Yeah I'd have to go for Sydney. From most angles it looks very well balanced. Obviously I'd go Melbourne second and Perth and Brissy third.

·
Registered
115 Posts
1st Melbourne, 2nd Sydney, 3rd Perth.

A skyline is only the sum of its buildings. Sydney might have more talls, but IMO Melbourne has taller and more spectacular looking buildings than Sydney. Sometimes less is more.

·
Watch my Chops
6,047 Posts
1. Sydney
2. Goldcoast
3. Perth
4. Melbourne

·
Banned
598 Posts
yer a skyline isnt how dense it is, its the line of the skyscrapers i guess?

1.Melbourne/Sydney
2.Gold Coast
3.Perth
4.Brisbane/Adelaide

*brisbane doesnt really go in a line anywhere, its just a mess and clusters, there no like real views of the skyline as one because the river curves heeps.

1 - 20 of 976 Posts