Skyscraper City Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1003 Posts

·
El honorable
2,201 Posts
is not the best but i think that the subway of my city (santiago, chile) is cute c: i know that someone posted pictures before but i want to do something with more information

we pay the ticket with this

we have this called "bibliometro" is a service that is present in the more important station. is like a library

this is a service called bicimetro the idea is like a Bicycle nursery. u take your bicycle and when u arrive to the station u can save your bicycle there (is only present in the more important stations)

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Santiago, Chile metro , by mariosantiaguino

·
Banned
16,688 Posts
muy bonito el de chile creo el mejor de latino america a mi gusto que conosco muchos , chile es un pais muy moderno no parece ni latino america

·
Banned
16,688 Posts
NAPLES (NAPOLI) - ITALY

Line 1 - Dante

Line 1 - Museo

Line 1 - Materdei

Line 1 - Salvator Rosa

Line 1 - Quattro Giornate

Line 1 - Vanvitelli

Line 1 - Rione Alto

Line 6 - Augusto

Line 6 - Mostra

Montesanto Subway Station

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

wow wow wow wow : Dadi:: Dadi:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I used the Skytrain last week and personally I was extremely impressed. Their stations and trains are very clean and nice looking. The "zone" system takes a little time to get used to but is very intuitive and wallet friendly. We went from Waterfront (the central terminus in the downtown core) all the way to the airport (via a change at Bridgeport) for only $2.50 per person. In Toronto, you can't even get from one bus stop to the next for that amount. I don't know how the other lines are but Canada Line was quite awesome.

I've now used the Metro system in NYC, Toronto and Vancouver and I am sad to say that I feel Toronto's system is the most lacklustre. It doesn't have the extensive coverage like the NYC system nor does it have the cleanliness and user friendliness of the Vancouver system. It kind of occupies the unhappy medium between the two.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
I used the Skytrain last week and personally I was extremely impressed. Their stations and trains are very clean and nice looking. The "zone" system takes a little time to get used to but is very intuitive and wallet friendly. We went from Waterfront (the central terminus in the downtown core) all the way to the airport (via a change at Bridgeport) for only $2.50 per person. In Toronto, you can't even get from one bus stop to the next for that amount. I don't know how the other lines are but Canada Line was quite awesome.

I've now used the Metro system in NYC, Toronto and Vancouver and I am sad to say that I feel Toronto's system is the most lacklustre. It doesn't have the extensive coverage like the NYC system nor does it have the cleanliness and user friendliness of the Vancouver system. It kind of occupies the unhappy medium between the two.
Sad to say, you'd hardly know now that Toronto used to be North America's model city!

·
pooh bear
8,083 Posts
Best subway I've been on is Beijing. Pretty crowded but really efficient and it serves most of the city for 2 RMB. Slightly dirty but I like it.

Other metros I've been on:

Shanghai: Really good, super clean, modern, but not so fast and fare can get high (up to 9 RMB)
New York: Really dirty and loud, but it works
Tianjin: New, small, modern, but few use it yet
Boston: Horrible. Local gov't has had no interest in upgrading the system ever. Shitty trams that are slow and take forever to go anywhere. The system has gotten smaller over time and few of the promised extensions ever get built.

961 - 980 of 1003 Posts