SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Futurist
38,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discuss the latest contest in detail here.

To list your actual nominations, please use the "NOMINATE:" thread, or they won't count towards the final vote.

·
17,363 Posts
The WTC to me is the most known twin towers but I'll go with Petronas as the best looking twin towers. It's also one of Cesar Pelli's masterpiece :)

·
17,363 Posts
It must be because The Petronas was built in the late 20th century where skyscraper designs are becoming very innovative. The WTC when it was built was the age when box scrapers were the most common.

·
121,699 Posts
Petronas' design was quite daring given the technical difficulties in having a skybridge so high above ground level even though the two buildings may sway differently in the wind. That being said, I wish the buildings' management would make it easier to visit the skybridge. Do they still require people to line up in the morning to get timed tickets?

·
17,363 Posts
I forgot about Lippo Centre in HK. It may not be as tall as The WTC or Petronas but it's beautifully designed. The building also have Australian influence in it especially Koalas.

·
Resurrected
24,347 Posts
wjfox2002 said:
I agree, the WTC was certainly the most "iconic". However, I find the Petronas Towers more beautiful, and architecturally superior.
Agree - to a certain amount: I think both equally perfect in style but that's the point: style. It's like comparing Guernica to Starry Night... but as you say: you "find" it... so it's a question of taste ;)

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
best looking certainly wasnt the WTC, but considering what they did for the city, and how symbolic they were.

im biased, i miss them dearly, i vote the WTC.

·
Registered
85 Posts
not the best looking on the block and not perfect twins...but the JR towers here in town are certainly imposing. not to mention the coolest thing EVER built on top of a train station.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts