SkyscraperCity banner

381 - 390 of 390 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,144 Posts
I guess it would have been already answered somewhere but put simply what is the reason to limit the height to 500 m in China?

it is a bit sensationalist in its presentation, but the key points in this video are quite solid.

Reactions: matsoc

·
Registered
69 Posts
"China has banned all cities from building new supertall skyscrapers except in 'special' circumstances to improve urban landscapes, according to a directive.
The central government has prohibited regional officials from 'blindly designing and building' towers taller than 500 metres (1,640 feet).
The construction of those taller than 250 metres (820 feet) will be 'strictly limited', the document adds." - Daily Mail

The Chinese government banned any construction of skyscrapers taller than 500 meters in late June - early July last year with the statement of reducing unnecessary construction of impractical skyscraper, although allowing exclusions under special circumstances. It aims to reduce the over-development on the way up by recommending the construction of smaller alternatives. Quite a good move though.

·
19,271 Posts
It's been awhile since we've heard from the Abraj Al Bait! I've always wondered why we don't see THE WORLD'S FOURTH TALLEST BUILDING so often.
Probably because billions of the world's population are not openly welcomed there, and the global pandemic has disrupted the religious observance of the remaining population from visiting.

·
13,627 Posts
Malaysia have secured additional 10,000 hajj quota to Mecca when the pandemic got back to normal.

·
I Love Chicago!
11,014 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,144 Posts
Still one of my favorite skyscrapers. It's just soo massive, I love it's proportions.

Reactions: A Chicagoan
381 - 390 of 390 Posts