SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that the miami has gotten to the point where were a pretty big number of forumers,and so i think we should start discussing the possiblity of meeting each other one of these days.also since many of us couldn't comeout to see the everglades impolsion i think we should organize another one.

so what do you guys think?
anyone want to propose a date,time,location etc.?
 

·
Savior of Gondor
Joined
·
1,505 Posts
You want to organize another implosion? Just kidding :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking sometime in the summer ,but the not at a marlins game.

maybe at the groundbreaking of met3 or demolition of the sheraton
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
well, crap all over my idea, even tho it had absolutely nuttin to do wit skyscrapers, nuttin like a couple o' guys goin to a baseball game, but i guess im the only one

i say demolition of the sheraton, at least something hpns there, groundbreaking tho exciting in theory, aint shit to watch, lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
i like your idea, nimby. i haven't been to a game yet so i'll take advantage of any chances i get. then after the game we could all go kick it at havok's (cousin's? friend's?) pad on the beach where he took that great pic of the skyline! :banana2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
A meet up sounds like a great idea ... and make for a good photo op ... perhaps something with a great view, close to the water ... bbq ... just south of Haulover there is a great little bbq area ... just my .02
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,888 Posts
How about somewhere with a lot of density and pretty skyscrapers to oogle, and pretty construction cranes going up all over. Bayside is a great place for that...they have an exquisite chicken wing restaurant there too.

Or we could all meet at the Club implosion....

(Just kidding, Feds.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea the hooters at bayside
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
south florida dave said:
i like your idea, nimby. i haven't been to a game yet so i'll take advantage of any chances i get. then after the game we could all go kick it at havok's (cousin's? friend's?) pad on the beach where he took that great pic of the skyline! :banana2:
LOL- That is from my firends place. I would love to meet somewhere downtown- Anyone going to the meeting tomorrow morning at the Wolfson Campus. Miami 21 I think is called. I am going to try to make it there unless i am hungover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was going to go until i foundout it was early in the morning and you had to pay,i only wanted to go to get free food and get etra cedit from my teacher. well i heard they were going to be showing some renderings ,can you take some pics?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
Roark said:
How about somewhere with a lot of density and pretty skyscrapers to oogle, and pretty construction cranes going up all over. Bayside is a great place for that...they have an exquisite chicken wing restaurant there too.

Or we could all meet at the Club implosion....

(Just kidding, Feds.)
:lol: that's a GREAT idea! now how can we rig the Club with explosives...?

seriously, though, somewhere downtown probably makes the most sense. bayside would be a good spot. there's a restaurant in brickell that i've never been to that always looks kinda cool when i pass by. i forget what it's called but it's by one of the metromover stops on a very lush, tree lined street. that could be a good place to stop off, too, since it's right there in brickell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
The Mad Hatter!! said:
i was going to go until i foundout it was early in the morning and you had to pay,i only wanted to go to get free food and get etra cedit from my teacher. well i heard they were going to be showing some renderings ,can you take some pics?
How much do you have to pay to get in?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,888 Posts
south florida dave said:
it's by one of the metromover stops on a very lush, tree lined street. that could be a good place to stop off, too, since it's right there in brickell.
I think you are thinking of either Novocento or Duo....Novocento is right on Brickell at the base of the Financial District Stop....Duo is at that same stop but on Miami Avenue. Both restaurants are excellent.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,888 Posts
International Shoe said:
He may be thinking of Perricone's
Oh yeah, that's correct sir! Another great place in the hood. That's at the 10th Street/Promenade Metromover station.
 
1 - 20 of 83 Posts
Top