Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you who speak Danish, check out this link:

http://www.jp.dk/kbh/artikel:aid=3003436/

To those of you who don't, it basically says that all the candidates who are running for the mayors office in Copenhagen say that high-rises are the way to go, and basically many more can be expected to show up in the future.

Great news!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah it certainly is good news given that the coming mayor doesnt give in to the usual hypocrits :)

People in Aarhus seem to be of the same opinion:
jp.dk

We could hope for a scraper race between the two cities :)

·
Born to run
1,683 Posts
That is certainly good news. Maybe this change in opinion comes from having TT so close? Now people see that tall buildings acctually can be nice? I hope these "new" thoughts will blow a bit further north also;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is great news for Copenhagen. Hopefully it will gain interest for building more tall buildings in areas such as Orestaden, Sydhavn, Nordhavn etc. But I think it is very important to keep most of central Copenhagen as it is - "indre by" is a very beautiful and original part of town (and Denmark), which has plenty of charm in being a lowrise area.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Trigga said:
It is great news for Copenhagen. Hopefully it will gain interest for building more tall buildings in areas such as Orestaden, Sydhavn, Nordhavn etc. But I think it is very important to keep most of central Copenhagen as it is - "indre by" is a very beautiful and original part of town (and Denmark), which has plenty of charm in being a lowrise area.
Agreed completely :) I think Ørestad would be the best place for skyskrapers.. but it would also be pretty cool if Århus built some aswell, and as copenhagenjazz said, there would be sort of a scraper-rase between those 2 cities. I can just imagine it now :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree.

Keep it out of the old parts of town.

I doubt that they will build any very tall buildings in the Orestad due to the proximity to the airport. However, Havnestaden, the old B & W shipyard, Nordhavn and parts of Amager should be developed with highrises.

Let us keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's indeed good to hear these positive words about highrises coming from the politicians. The trend has been moving in this direction over the last years, but I think it would be a major breakthrough if the city defined an official highrise policy, instead of taking the same discusion over and over again for each individual proposal.
However - I don't think this is the start of a big skyscraber race between Århus and CPH, but more a case of a lot more midrises (10-15 floor residentials) and and a few taller ones... (Trying not to be too optimistic here ;) )
NorthStar77 said:
Maybe this change in opinion comes from having TT so close? Now people see that tall buildings acctually can be nice?
I think TT plays a small role in this indeed.

·
Timelord victorious
2,681 Posts
tournesol said:
I don't think this is the start of a big skyscraber race between Århus and CPH, but more a case of a lot more midrises (10-15 floor residentials) and and a few taller ones... (Trying not to be too optimistic here ;) )

I think TT plays a small role in this indeed.
I stil cant believe we could have had a TT in Copenhagen, and they said no...Damn...Anyway, i wanted to say also, people keep talking about not building in the inner city, wich i agree with, BUT, keep in mind that inner city is not really that big, and in many of the "bro" areas, nørrebro, østerbro etc, we could build taller. Im not talking about 30 stories right next to the old buildings, just maybe a little taller...They way it is today, if you want to build just a little bit taller, say 7 stories, you have to have all kinds of permits and public hearings to make sure that noone get upset about this, and what builder has the time for that. Some more relaxed rules towards that, would go a long way in insuring more apartments. And proebly more then with building skyscrabers...Dont get me wrong, i like skyscrabers. But they have a tendensy to get too expencive, like TT. Otherwise, they would have already build a lot more of them in Ørestad. If i understand i correctly, it had not been a problem getting the permit to build tall in Ørestad, more a quiestion of money...So i doubt there will ever be that many skyscrabers in Copenhagen, as the price will simply be to high, and instead, some more relaxed rules towards 6-10 story building in the city area, would be the way to go...Not inner city, just around it....Sorry it got so long...

Edit: Berlingske have an article about this today also, Ritt Bjeregaard wants to build taller, and not rule out any area op front..

·
Registered
472 Posts
Finally... Finally! :D
Way to go Copenhagen :banana:

However, Indre By should stay untouched. Though, there's a lot of other places to build high. Also locations not that far from Indre By.
But I don't think we shall count on 300 m+ skyscrapers :D Mid rises are perfectly fine for me, but they have to be taller than the rest of the buildings already built, so you actually see them.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
How close is Ørestad to Kastrup Lufthavn (Airport) ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think that building tall buildings close (Ørestad City) to the airport is an issue in this case. I know that there have been talk about building a big skyscraper (150-200 metres) close to the (by then unfinised) Ferring building a couple of years ago, but it never made it to the drawing board because of some money buisness and local planning(etc..). But maybe this innovative point of view from the politicians will make the people behind the idea try again.. The future will show. I really hope that the Copenhagen politicians will approve some new special and tall proposals instead of always compromising and building half a.. buildings :)

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
_tictac_ said:
Nah it's closer than that...the terminal used for domestic flights is like 2.5-3 km from Ferring International Center (Ørestad City).
Do you think that will cause height restrictions? Aviapolis in Vantaa has pretty strict restrictions to height of the future towers there as the airport is just a kilometer or so away from the place. I think they can't build anything taller than maybe 70m or smt. Ørestad seems an ideal place for modern and tall buildings and I wouldn't want that to be in vain just because of Kastrup's proximity.

·
Bonsoir l'Europe!
765 Posts
Why is it good news ?

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Nightsky said:
There is a pic of TT in this article. Seems like it has inspired them!
Of course. Who wouldnt be inspired by such a masterpiece :D

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
_tictac_ said:
Nah it's closer than that...the terminal used for domestic flights is like 2.5-3 km from Ferring International Center (Ørestad City).
Well I just tried getting a directions map from krak.dk, and it says that theres about 5.6km from Arne Jakobsens Allé (Ørestad) to Lufthavnsboulevarden 6 (Kastrup) ... but from the look of the map, it looks like theres only maybe 3-4km distance from the edge of Ørestad to the edge of the airport ...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts