SkyscraperCity Forum banner

DISCUSSION | WLG Projects

192972 1222
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Where exactly? The space between Te Papa and the Herd St apartments, ie, a public park?
I love the diving platform :lol: I'm surprised it passed the boardroom table to be honest, surely the health and safety brigade wouldve been up in arms about it.
Another supermarket? Boooooooooooooooring !!!

How many will that be between the Hospital and Thorndon? I count 6 New Worlds (Basin, Ghuznee, Chaffers, Willis, Railway & Thordon) and 2 Countdowns (Adelaide Rd & Wakefield).
Under-served you reckon? I think Auckland might win that one, at least in the central city. There's only 1 or 2 supermarkets in Aucklands cbd and nothing in the surrounding suburbs of Parnell, Kingsland, Newton or Ponsonby.

Anyway, I just think it's a waste of prime space. I take your point about competition though, Chaffers NW is pretty dam pricey.
Probaby no need for a new thread. Separate project threads only work if people update them on a regular basis, but this whole Wellington forum is pretty dead so maybe just the occasional update in this thread will be sufficuent.

Just my opinion anyway.
I like the sound of more rooftop bars and gardens. I cant think of anywhere in Wellington that offers rooftop at the moment?
Now that's where a rooftop bar should be :)
That would be cool.

Does Welly have any 5 star hotels already?
Word. People say Auckland has a negative attitude but Wellington appears to be much worse. No flyover, no airport extension, etc. Apart from a few buildings in the city (Telecom, IRD) what good has happened in Wellington in the last 5-10 years?

Edit: Ok they got new trains too, thats a start.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.