SkyscraperCity Forum banner

DISCUSSION | WLG Projects

193159 Views 1222 Replies 96 Participants Last post by  deepred
1041 - 1060 of 1223 Posts
G
The online news websites such as scoop, stuff and your local paper will help. The WLG council website also has a project page where you can find out details about new things happening in the city and word-of-mouth. Good luck, I can't wait to see this forum growing :cheers:
Hey guys,

I'm a bit new to the build spotting thing. Is there somewhere I can find info proposed/approved projects? Just search through property news or does city council make the info available?
Have you got a link to the WCC project page? They re-did their site and I can't find anything useful. Not even a list of granted building consents, which I'm sure were on there before.
a minor update.

Looks like Munns has finally moved out of 22-26 Willis. So demolition might start soon. Not sure if the 1876 building next door is going too. It's still occupied, so maybe not.

G
Here you go :) http://wellington.govt.nz/your-council/projects

What's planned at the Munn's site ?
Have you got a link to the WCC project page? They re-did their site and I can't find anything useful. Not even a list of granted building consents, which I'm sure were on there before.
It's a earthquake prone building, so they are just going to replace it with another 2 story. Maybe something bigger later on. Will probably be like the new bnz next shop over.
I completely forgot to post this before. As part of Fringe they were having walking tours of historical Cuba St. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to any of the times but the blog from the same person is pretty good. Has posts on history and current building topics as well.

http://cubastproject.com/2012/08/10/cuba-st-a-different-perspective/
The next couple post will be a photo dump from my walk around the city today. Just wanted to get a baseline for further updates. Plus there are a couple small interesting projects.
Wellington Pier dive platform

The story goes that kids kept jumping off the ambulance kiosk. This being Wellington, the city decided to build them an official platform. Notice that it's almost the same height as the building and much easier to get up to.

No belly flops allowed, anything else goes.

That is, if you were actually allowed to swim in the water. First time I've seen this sign, so it might be temporary. btw, see those kids on the far left. Yeah they're jumping into the other opening in the pier. I guess the sign doesn't apply to water that's 10m away.

Reactions: cle
Moore Wilson's apartment

Apparently, this is the apartment of the owner of Moore Wilson's. The story I hear is that he moved down from AKL and want to have a new place here. I guess it's cheaper to build a house above the parking lot of your own store. btw, notice that the huge wall mural is gone now.

Street view of before

120 Oriental Parade

Not sure if this will be anything special. Looks like another 4 level apartment building.

Site has a bit of history.

Looks like original developers went into liquidation and sold the property in late 2008 after they couldn't get consent for high end units. Not sure what the story is now.

Forte | 13 College St. |11 Levels

Not sure when this one was completed but it's a pretty new building. Not worth making a new thread for it since it's already done.

Official Site

Canvas | 307 Willis St

Got wind of another project.

It's a 3 level apartment block at 307 Willis. Archouse again. It's supposed to be finished March 2013, which is, um now. So will check it out this week and see what's there.

Official Site

G
Wow, awesome work mate, thanks :hug: WLG sure does things differently and with such style :cheers: I love the Moore Wilson place !!!
I love the diving platform :lol: I'm surprised it passed the boardroom table to be honest, surely the health and safety brigade wouldve been up in arms about it.
Council flats up for architecture award

The Regent Park housing development in the Wellington suburb of Newtown has been shortlisted for an international award.

The redevelopment, begun in 2010, saw demolition of 1970s bedsits and one bedroom flats, replaced by 27 two-bedroom apartments and houses.

It has also been shortlisted for the New Zealand Institute of Architects national awards, to be decided in May.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...14059/Council-flats-up-for-architecture-award
Another Countdown for Wellington

more or less 210 Wakefield St.

Countdown to set up shop in central city - Dom Post 14/03/2013

Progressive Enterprises is understood to have secured a site for a new Countdown supermarket development in Wakefield St, on the site of a large carpark backing onto the Reading Courtenay cinema complex.

It is understood a lease with Reading has now been secured and discussions have been initiated with construction companies around who could be contracted to build the new store.

The Wakefield St site is barely 200m from the Chaffers New World supermarket.
Aren't these fantastic.

Imagine how many small plots there are around Wellington (and Auckland) where you could demo the existing run down houses and replace with these.

Sure, you wouldn't want 100 of them in one spot, but 20 - perfect
Luv to see some Floor Plans

They look great !

I'm guessing that if it is to be a full sized supermarket, they will have to build up ( or have underground parking like Newtown). There is not the ability to have a regular supermarket carpark and a full size store on that site,

hopefully they look ahead and build foundations that can take an apartment block on top, as I think once the two remaining blocks in Cable st are "apartmentised", Wakefield street will be one of the next big areas to transform...
Progressive Enterprises is understood to have secured a site for a new Countdown supermarket development in Wakefield St, on the site of a large carpark backing onto the Reading Courtenay cinema complex.

It is understood a lease with Reading has now been secured and discussions have been initiated with construction companies around who could be contracted to build the new store.

The Wakefield St site is barely 200m from the Chaffers New World supermarket.
Those little modular/containery looking apartments are great. Fresh, modern and functional. Good stuff.

Re: Reading car park - shame it's a supermarket but it was an eyesore before so at least it'll be partially addressed. Pity it can't be anything better to liven up this dull patch.
1041 - 1060 of 1223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.