SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1223 Posts
G

·
Hey guys,

I'm a bit new to the build spotting thing. Is there somewhere I can find info proposed/approved projects? Just search through property news or does city council make the info available?
The online news websites such as scoop, stuff and your local paper will help. The WLG council website also has a project page where you can find out details about new things happening in the city and word-of-mouth. Good luck, I can't wait to see this forum growing :cheers:

· Registered
130 Posts
Wellington Pier dive platform

The story goes that kids kept jumping off the ambulance kiosk. This being Wellington, the city decided to build them an official platform. Notice that it's almost the same height as the building and much easier to get up to.

No belly flops allowed, anything else goes.

That is, if you were actually allowed to swim in the water. First time I've seen this sign, so it might be temporary. btw, see those kids on the far left. Yeah they're jumping into the other opening in the pier. I guess the sign doesn't apply to water that's 10m away.

· Registered
130 Posts
120 Oriental Parade

Not sure if this will be anything special. Looks like another 4 level apartment building.

Site has a bit of history.

Looks like original developers went into liquidation and sold the property in late 2008 after they couldn't get consent for high end units. Not sure what the story is now.

· Registered
130 Posts
Council flats up for architecture award

The Regent Park housing development in the Wellington suburb of Newtown has been shortlisted for an international award.

The redevelopment, begun in 2010, saw demolition of 1970s bedsits and one bedroom flats, replaced by 27 two-bedroom apartments and houses.

It has also been shortlisted for the New Zealand Institute of Architects national awards, to be decided in May.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...14059/Council-flats-up-for-architecture-award

· Registered
130 Posts
Another Countdown for Wellington

more or less 210 Wakefield St.

Countdown to set up shop in central city - Dom Post 14/03/2013

Progressive Enterprises is understood to have secured a site for a new Countdown supermarket development in Wakefield St, on the site of a large carpark backing onto the Reading Courtenay cinema complex.

It is understood a lease with Reading has now been secured and discussions have been initiated with construction companies around who could be contracted to build the new store.

The Wakefield St site is barely 200m from the Chaffers New World supermarket.

· Registered
2,470 Posts
Progressive Enterprises is understood to have secured a site for a new Countdown supermarket development in Wakefield St, on the site of a large carpark backing onto the Reading Courtenay cinema complex.

It is understood a lease with Reading has now been secured and discussions have been initiated with construction companies around who could be contracted to build the new store.

The Wakefield St site is barely 200m from the Chaffers New World supermarket.
I'm guessing that if it is to be a full sized supermarket, they will have to build up ( or have underground parking like Newtown). There is not the ability to have a regular supermarket carpark and a full size store on that site,

hopefully they look ahead and build foundations that can take an apartment block on top, as I think once the two remaining blocks in Cable st are "apartmentised", Wakefield street will be one of the next big areas to transform...

· Registered
6,178 Posts
Those little modular/containery looking apartments are great. Fresh, modern and functional. Good stuff.

Re: Reading car park - shame it's a supermarket but it was an eyesore before so at least it'll be partially addressed. Pity it can't be anything better to liven up this dull patch.

1041 - 1060 of 1223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.