SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1223 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Hey guys, have been browsing this forum for several years now thought it was time to sign up.
Addtional threads could be added for this: http://nouvo.co.nz/#overview showroom has been up by the Basin since November or so, hopefully it goes ahead would be a good addition to that area.

I'll try and get out and take some photos of the major construction projects, Elevate and Overseas terminal haven't had an update in a while.
Cheers
I've got a couple photos of the Nouvo site, but haven't posted anything because it's still a car lot. Not much going on.

Elevate is still drilling holes for pylons. Hard to see any changes on the surface.

If you can get some good shots of the Overseas Terminal, that would be great. I'm having a hard time getting out there frequently.

Awesome, another person to document Welly http://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

· Registered
130 Posts
Also had a look at the WCC resource consents and it apppears that someone has been issued consent to build a new fuel facility opposite the proposed Countdown (221 Wakefield St) directly infront of Te Papa and 200m away from a BP station. wtf?

http://wellington.govt.nz/~/media/s.../resource-consents/files/issued18feb-3mar.pdf
It looks like it used to be a petrol station in the past. It's probably too expensive to remediate, so they decided to just put another one there. May be Zed. They seem to be expanding.

The other interesting one is demolition of 30 Gray St. Hard to tell which building it actually is from the map. May have to pay a personal visit.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
I've got a couple photos of the Nouvo site, but haven't posted anything because it's still a car lot. Not much going on.

Elevate is still drilling holes for pylons. Hard to see any changes on the surface.

If you can get some good shots of the Overseas Terminal, that would be great. I'm having a hard time getting out there frequently.

Awesome, another person to document Welly http://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/banana.gif
I have a few of those, but haven't got round to uploading them. Mostly steel framing so far, but making progress no doubt.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
It looks like it used to be a petrol station in the past. It's probably too expensive to remediate, so they decided to just put another one there. May be Zed. They seem to be expanding.

The other interesting one is demolition of 30 Gray St. Hard to tell which building it actually is from the map. May have to pay a personal visit.
It was a Caltex station from way back. They, along with Mobil, seem to have been scaling back their presence of late.

· Registered
2,470 Posts

· Registered
2,470 Posts
It was a Caltex station from way back. They, along with Mobil, seem to have been scaling back their presence of late.
Progressive used to have an option on that site, I guess now that they have decided to take up the "Readings" site, the owner is free to redevelop,

I would guess it will be a Mobil, given that they have no presence in the CDB or surrounding suburbs and have recently got the New World fuel voucher contract.

· Registered
130 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Canvas | 307 Willis St

most of the cladding looks like it's up. Seem to be working on the windows.

can't say i'm a big fan of it, it looks like the grey will just blend into the clouds no matter what other stuff is painted on there

· Registered
338 Posts
Hmm

most of the cladding looks like it's up. Seem to be working on the windows.

can't say i'm a big fan of it, it looks like the grey will just blend into the clouds no matter what other stuff is painted on there

That painting looks like a Japanese bento selection like you'd see in a 90's foodcourt.

Did they paint on grey paint, or just on the bare concrete?

· Registered
392 Posts
I think its fine, I love how the colours really pop against the grey. Not sure if its grey paint or bare concrete, but based on the render I think they are painting a lot of it red. Either way, it's a massive improvement to what was there before. I think the older apartment building opposite it is undergoing some construction as well, does anyone have any info on this?

Great to see that the inner suburbs like Te Aro are starting to gentrify a bit more. There is actually quite a bit of construction going on and everywhere you look there are houses/buildings being repainted or refurbished. Upper Cuba St a few years ago was a complete sh*thole but now there are some fantastic little restaurants and shops there. Hopefully projects like these are the start of a real transformation of the inner city!

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Interesting what architecture students can come up with...

DomPost said:
Cuba St's future based on its past

Cuba St can still be the charismatic hub of Wellington and stay safe in an earthquake, a group of architecture students says.

A model of the street as it could look in 22 years is on display at the Wellington Rocks! earthquake safety expo at the Town Hall this weekend.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
I like the sound of more rooftop bars and gardens. I cant think of anywhere in Wellington that offers rooftop at the moment?
There was one during the 1980s called Windows on Wellington, on top of what is now Plimmer Towers.

More here.

1081 - 1100 of 1223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.