Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Omni Forever
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lived in Central Florida for about 4 years (the horror!) before moving back to the ol' hometown of Miami, so I missed checking out the dismantling of the DuPont Hotel.

Does anyone know of a site or where I can see some pictures of the thing? I did some searching on this site and on Google and I only found one picture.

Anybody know where I can see more evidence of the carnage?

And for that matter, I'd be curious if there's evidence anywhere of the razing of the Miami Airport Inn and other hotels on LeJeune Rd or of the Sears building (current CCFTPA) in downtown.

I understand that they drew crowds?

·
The world is yours
148 Posts
Man i love the Dupont plaza hotel, i stay there plenty of times. In fact when i went to Miami in 2004 i think i was one of the last guests in there, it was pretty old but it was a cheap hotel (60$rate) and the location is the best. I shore miss that hotel, If anyone has pictures please post it here, i too would like to see that. By the way thetallerthebetter in the first video you post was that the Everglades hotel implosion? Man what else went down? The first implosion i saw was in 1994 close to my apartment, it was a small office building near Bayshore drive: heres a picture:
Man i love the Dupont plaza hotel, i stay there plenty of times. In fact when i went to Miami in 2004 i think i was one of the last guests in there, it was pretty old but it was a cheap hotel (60$rate) and the location is the best. I shore miss that hotel, If anyone has pictures please post it here, i too would like to see that. By the way thetallerthebetter in the first video you post was that the Everglades hotel implosion? Man what else went down? The first implosion i saw was in 1994 close to my apartment, it was a small office building near Bayshore drive: heres a picture:

I got this pic from someone here in the miami story thread.

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Great pic. It looks about Fall of 1983 to me. Dan Marino was a 21-year-old rookie quarterback for a kickass Dolphin team still playing in the Orange Bowl...Miami Vice was about to happen.

That was a pretty good year. Except for the occassional riot.

(well, you didn't think it was ALL melancholy, didya? :lol: )

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
THOUGHT HOTEL INTERCONTINENTAL WAS FINISHED AROUND 1982
HERE IT WOULD BE UNDER CONSTRUCTION SAME WITH WACHOVIA TOWER WHICH WAS DONE IN 83 THINK YOU ARE OFF BY A YEAR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts