Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tere!

Pics are taken a bit more than a week ago and thanks ch1le for guiding me.

The trip starts in the south part of the city center.

The National Library has an outstanding design for the 80's

Some bad sample of architectural coordination, to my mind

Some cozy park next to the higher Oldtown (Toompea)

Estonian goverment

Some fragments of the oldtown wall

A bit of the oldtown

One of many Tallinn hotels with ch1le in his best pose ;)

View from Linnahall seawards

From the same building to the city

Some dock

A lonely orthodox church

Rotermani block

Foorum has just been opened

The city from Liivalaia street

Tornimäe

The oldtown at Viru gate

Very popsy view, but still nice

More pop

Some abandoned factory in Kopli

Estonian architecture museum

And no comments here :)

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Amazeing pictures. I fall in love with baltic states since I went for trip to all of them. They are so fresh, natural, and they have amazing capitals!! Tallin is one of my favourite capital in europe!!

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
There are a lot of threads about Vilnius and Tallinn, and only few about Riga (mostly center and Riga from above). Why didn't you show your secession and places far from centre which are a lot more interestnig than in Tallinn or Vilnius???

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
There are a lot of threads about Vilnius and Tallinn, and only few about Riga (mostly center and Riga from above). Why didn't you show your secession and places far from centre which are a lot more interestnig than in Tallinn or Vilnius???
Because I ordered my new Sony DSC R1 and car Opel Signum only yesterday :D

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Grrrreat thread! Good to see an "outsider's" (in a positive tone) point of view of Tallinn. A lot of new angles and buildings I've not seen.

But... Mantaz! How did you give up Vilnius and move to your city's Nemesis that is Tallinn, and make a beautiful photo tour of it no less? I was totally shocked when Martin told me about you as an immigrant in Estonia. :D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
There are thread from Raz "a bit of unseen Riga": http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=480023

I have some collection of untraditional Riga photos also and I'm planning to increase this collection, select the best photos and to publish here.

But at first I'm going to publish some Tallin photos from my trip to this city in last weekend (looks like everyone has the same idea here :) ). Because this city impressed me very strongly..

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Grrrreat thread! Good to see an "outsider's" (in a positive tone) point of view of Tallinn. A lot of new angles and buildings I've not seen.

But... Mantaz! How did you give up Vilnius and move to your city's Nemesis that is Tallinn, and make a beautiful photo tour of it no less? I was totally shocked when Martin told me about you as an immigrant in Estonia. :D
Well, I just have received a good job offer and, moreover, Vilnius is not the place where I spent most of my life or so ;)

Guys, thanks for the feedback :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
oh, these pictures are great, I just came from the city centre and i can say that it's really nice, also I'm glad that a 200 metre-high skyscraper will be probably built in Tallinn , Kopli, but I think that it would be better in the centre. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts