1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b1/Diyala_map.svg
A little introduction:

"Diyala Governorate extends to the northeast of Baghdad as far as the Iranian border. Its capital is Baqubah. It covers an area of 17,685 square kilometres (6,828 sq mi).
A large portion of the province is drained by the Diyala River, a major tributary of the Tigris. Because of its proximity to two major sources of water, Diyala's main industry is agriculture, primarily dates grown in large groves. The province also contains one of the largest olive groves in the Middle East.[4] It is also recognized as the orange capital of the Middle East. The Hamrin Mountains pass through the governorate."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been to Diyala but I have always been told that it's a very beautiful province. I plan to visit it next time I will be in Iraq.

Please contribute with pictures as well.:)

:lol:

http://www.lightstalkers.org/images/show/1249504

In my opinion Diyala is one of the many pearls of Iraq.:)

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What the hell are you talking about?

Those are ancient Sumerian statues found in the Diyala Valley, more precise in Tell Asmar.

Take your secterianism and stupid posts elsewhere idiot if you can't contribute with anything positive in this thread.

We all know you have a problem with the Diyala province. Short it out elsewhere.

Unbelieveable.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
You can see that some of the pictures from ''diyala'' are actually from Khanaqin, it's even written on the picture! xD

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can see that some of the pictures from ''diyala'' are actually from Khanaqin, it's even written on the picture! xD
Last time I checked Khanaqin is situated in Diyala unless you moved the city elsewhere today....

Yeah, that was really funny, LOL. Maybe they are Shi'ah Sumerians, Kurdish Sumerians or just Sumerians....

·
Galactico
11,194 Posts

Those are ancient Sumerian statues found in the Diyala Valley, more precise in Tell Asmar.

Take your secterianism and stupid posts elsewhere idiot if you can't contribute with anything positive in this thread.

We all know you have a problem with the Diyala province. Short it out elsewhere.

Unbelieveable.
I think he is making a joke about their beard lol.

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he is making a joke about their beard lol.
I highly doubt that considering his "history" on this forum.

The guy obviously hates Sunnis. He is the same person who called for the destruction of the beautiful Diyala province and he has also insulted me several times without any reason. Always hostile and negative when Sunni Arabs in Iraq are mentioned.

I bet he is related to that secterian idiot FromBaghdadWithLove.

Even if it was a "joke" it was not even funny or relevant for that matter.

The vast majority of all Sunni Muslims do not even have a beard, Shi'ah Muslims have beards as well and there is nothing wrong with having a beard in the first place.

Is it completely impossible for some users here not to include secterianism in every single thread?

Why not enjoy the pictures or contribute by posting other beautiful pictures?

If there is no interest because it's Diyala then don't post in the thread. As simple as that. I am sure many other users can appreciate this thread or contribute to it as well.

The reason why I have been posting many pictures from all over Iraq recently is because I want to show the beauty of Iraq to outsiders and Iraqis here who might not be familiar with all the regions of Iraq. Some other threads here have been valuable for me since I gained knowledge about regions of Iraq I know less about than others. I am sure I am not the only one.

Apart from that I also have an interest in photography.

Another thread destroyed with stupidities...:nuts:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Last time I checked Khanaqin is situated in Diyala unless you moved the city elsewhere today....

Yeah, that was really funny, LOL. Maybe they are Shi'ah Sumerians, Kurdish Sumerians or just Sumerians....
Sorry my bad. Thought Khanaqin was kurdish -.-

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
علي عراق

خانقين مدينة مختلطة عرقيا واثنياً وذات صبغة كردية وهناك مطالبات لضمها لمحافظة السليمانية ضمن المادة ١٤٠ من الدستور، لاسباب تاريخية امام الاعلام ولكونها ثاني اغنى مدينة نفطية في شمال العراق بعد كركوك في الباطن، الكل تلهث وراء المصالح الفئوية وخانقين ليست في منأة عن هذا الصراع العربي التركماني الكردي

شكرا اخ الهاشمي على الصور

·
Sumeri
1,957 Posts

Unbelieveable.
Humourless.

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
am I the only one who got spin's joke! LOL.

·
Bettengann
1,093 Posts

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are completely right Josef. That's also why Northeast Diyala is disputed between the central government and Iraqi Kurdistan. In my opinion there is no doubt that it should belong to Diyala and thus Iraq since 80 percent of the Diyala province is inhabited by Arabs.

And glad that you liked the pictures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a lame "joke" anyway and there was no need to turn the thread into a religious or secterian "debate" for that matter.:nuts: I assume most here are familiar with ancient Sumerian artifacts so the design should not come as a surprise. The comparison is also an insult for those dead Sumerians.:)

Anyway don't force me to post that picture of those Wahhabiyyah clerics again.:lol:

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

´

Do anyone know where I can find new pictures from Diyala? Mapcarta, Panoramio etc. does not seem to have many new images, like with the rest of Iraq to great frustration for many Iraqis I assume! Only war, destruction and killings!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts