Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ras Siyan
are u djiboutian?
i recently joined the forum and was interested in the wijaya Baru project in djibouti.
and in your postings( not recent..) you are saying "we " have received the agreement from djib authority to go ahead...
are you part of the project lesders?

·
Djibouti
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ras Siyan
are u djiboutian?
i recently joined the forum and was interested in the wijaya Baru project in djibouti.
and in your postings( not recent..) you are saying "we " have received the agreement from djib authority to go ahead...
are you part of the project lesders?
Hello shak45, yes I am Djiboutian. But I'll have to deceive you, no, I'm not a part of the project leaders,
Are you Djiboutian too?

·
Banned
2,289 Posts
Djibouti's GDP per capita is $1,300 - Am I the only one who is wondering where they will pull this money out of? Do they think they're an oil state? Exporting Ethiopian containers does not pay for a new Dubai.

Someone fill me in on Djibouti's fantasy.

·
Surprisingly optimistic!
12,912 Posts
Djibouti's GDP per capita is $1,300 - Am I the only one who is wondering where they will pull this money out of? Do they think they're an oil state? Exporting Ethiopian containers does not pay for a new Dubai.

Someone fill me in on Djibouti's fantasy.
Surprisingly, it does. Djibouti's GDP is $1.2 billion . Ethiopia paid $722.5 million in port fees. That can only go up.

·
Banned
2,289 Posts
$1.2 Billion pays for ONE fancy glass tower not multiple vertical cities, a new port, and a bridge to Arabia and no one really has the money to pay for those things. :eek:hno:

Tiny Bahrain's GDP was $22 Billion last year and they have actual resources to be looked at with which they built their country - Djibouti has neither the money on hand nor the exploitable resources to generate this kind of interest. That's why everything here is being proposed and not built. Its just a fancy way of Arab royalty's sons' one-upping each other in a quest to adopt a poor country. None of this will be reality, there's only so little to be gained from Djibouti. No one should be offended by this but Djibouti has nothing in the way of resources to give to the investors, worst of all is its god-awful location in the "Cold War stuck" horn as Xusein put it. Who wants to visit that country next to militarized Eritrea, starving Ethiopia, and war-torn terrorist haven Somalia. Djibouti in the future will suffer from the same problems as Dubai when the tourists flock and people see the region for what it really is, a barren nomadic land and people pretending to be tamed.

I understand how Djiboutians feel, they have a peaceful country and they deserve the respect and investment being put into other African states that are booming in this period - but sadly Djibouti has no real resources. Forget black gold, Djibouti doesn't even have blue gold. Djibouti would be perfect if her neighbors were Kenya and Tanzania, but I'm afraid so long as you live in that crap hole neighborhood you will go nowhere far. Accept your place in the world as a wild nomad.

·
Banned
16,927 Posts
As Simfan pointed out, foreign investors are the one putting their money there, not Djiboutians.

Second, Djibouti's only plus is actually its location. It's the gateway for Ethiopia, and it's right at the crossroads of the one of the busiest and most important trade routes in the world.
If it were bordered by Kenya and Tanzania, it would have ZERO importance and would not get any investments. They would go to Kenya and Tanzania.

Djibouti in the future will suffer from the same problems as Dubai when the tourists flock and people see the region for what it really is, a barren nomadic land and people pretending to be tamed.

Accept your place in the world as a wild nomad.
WTF is wrong with you?!

·
Djibouti
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
$1.2 Billion pays for ONE fancy glass tower not multiple vertical cities, a new port, and a bridge to Arabia and no one really has the money to pay for those things. :eek:hno:

Tiny Bahrain's GDP was $22 Billion last year and they have actual resources to be looked at with which they built their country - Djibouti has neither the money on hand nor the exploitable resources to generate this kind of interest. That's why everything here is being proposed and not built. Its just a fancy way of Arab royalty's sons' one-upping each other in a quest to adopt a poor country. None of this will be reality, there's only so little to be gained from Djibouti. No one should be offended by this but Djibouti has nothing in the way of resources to give to the investors, worst of all is its god-awful location in the "Cold War stuck" horn as Xusein put it. Who wants to visit that country next to militarized Eritrea, starving Ethiopia, and war-torn terrorist haven Somalia. Djibouti in the future will suffer from the same problems as Dubai when the tourists flock and people see the region for what it really is, a barren nomadic land and people pretending to be tamed.

I understand how Djiboutians feel, they have a peaceful country and they deserve the respect and investment being put into other African states that are booming in this period - but sadly Djibouti has no real resources. Forget black gold, Djibouti doesn't even have blue gold. Djibouti would be perfect if her neighbors were Kenya and Tanzania, but I'm afraid so long as you live in that crap hole neighborhood you will go nowhere far. Accept your place in the world as a wild nomad.
Seriously Janub??? WTF is wrong with you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts