SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 160 of 2368 Posts

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
They are planning on building a whole new 200 km long motorway down through central Jutland. Its considered a better alternative than expanding the existing motorway in eastern Jutland.
They're not really planning it yet. Some parties have just said they suppport investigating whether it would be better than expanding E45 or not. Until now it seems to be mostly locally elected Kristian Pihl Lorentzen who talks about it whenever he has a chance.

·
Mapmaker
2,218 Posts
The choise of leading the 'midtjyskemotorvej' (18) to the E45 north of the Vejle fjord was unlucky.

The bridge Vejlefjordbroen was allready too busy....

When that motorway is ready all traffic is lead over that bridge..

A mixture between the 'Hearvejsmotorvejen' (13) and 'Midtjyskemotorvej' (18) would have been better. Connecting the via RNR 176 with the E45 at Kolding N and thus allowing a fast connection with both Germany and Copenhagen. Urban development would have been better throughout the whole of Midtjylland..

It is not too late;)

·
49,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Yeah I noticed that Vejle fjord bridge as very busy, I passed by it several times, and the right lanes were one big line of trucks.

To be frank, widening of the E45 makes more sense than a completely new motorway. Most Primærruten and Sekundærruten in that area are really quiet.

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
The choise of leading the 'midtjyskemotorvej' (18) to the E45 north of the Vejle fjord was unlucky.

A mixture between the 'Hearvejsmotorvejen' (13) and 'Midtjyskemotorvej' (18) would have been better. Connecting the via RNR 176 with the E45 at Kolding N and thus allowing a fast connncetion with both Germany and Copenhagen. Urban development would have been better throughout the whole of Midtjylland..

It is not too late;)
Yes it would have been better to connect the Midtjyskemotorvej south of Vejle instead of north. It aint going to happen though since it's already politicaly decided and some parts are already opened. I'm sure they have already spend too much money on this to chance the line now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeah I noticed that Vejle fjord bridge as very busy, I passed by it several times, and the right lanes were one big line of trucks.

To be frank, widening of the E45 makes more sense than a completely new motorway. Most Primærruten and Sekundærruten in that area are really quiet.
They figured out that building the whole new 200 km stretch of motorway (Hærvejsmotorvejen) costs about the same as widening the existing E45 with an extra lane in each direction, and it wont disturb traffic either.

The whole idea of building parallel motorways is just as economic as widening existing motorways from 2x2 to 2x3 lanes. It doesnt disturb traffic at all, and then you get 2 extra lanes in each direction for the same price.

·
Registered
126 Posts

A mixture between the 'Hearvejsmotorvejen' (13) and 'Midtjyskemotorvej' (18) would have been better. Connecting the via RNR 176 with the E45 at Kolding N and thus allowing a fast connncetion with both Germany and Copenhagen. Urban development would have been better throughout the whole of Midtjylland..

It is not too late;)
I dont know what those stupid fucking **** politicians were thinking when they decided to connect motorway 18 north of the Vejlefjord bridge. :eek:hno:

Btw, they could easily rebuild the emergency lanes on the bridge into ordinary lanes, and then make an emergency lane for ambulances and cops in the center - its wide enough for that. I guess they havent thought of that solution...

·
Member #109
2,714 Posts
Btw, they could easily rebuild the emergency lanes on the bridge into ordinary lanes, and then make an emergency lane for ambulances and cops in the center - its wide enough for that. I guess they havent thought of that solution...
They are "already" planning making the bridge 3x2, and it should be no problem. It is just as wide as the new lillebæltbridge (which is 2x3). The VVM report will soon be available...

·
DK/H
840 Posts
But, They have to build a new bridge, either from Fyn to Jylland or northern Sjælland (Kalundborg or Sj.Odde) to somewhere near Aarhus. I do not think widening the Vejle bridge is enough....maybe to win a few years..

·
DK/H
840 Posts
It seems at there´s not going to be build any bridges. They calculate at it would cost like 450 kr. for a trip.....and it is very expansiv even in DK.

141 - 160 of 2368 Posts