SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk

This is one of the arenas for the Euro 2012 championship. 31,000 seats (some sources say 34,000) To be finished this year. It will, besides everything else, have two 60 square meters large TV screens on the sides, which are usually placed for only 50-60k stadiums.

ALL EURO 2012 STADIUMS

Poland, Warsaw
Poland, Gdansk
Poland, Poznan
Poland, Wroclaw
Poland, Chorzow
Poland, Krakow

Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk
Ukraine, Donetsk
Ukraine, Lviv
Ukraine, Kyiv
Ukraine, Odesa
Ukraine, Kharkiv

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Is it an idea to make an 'Ukrainian 'Stadium Thread'?
There are some real nice stadiums in Ukraine. And like you told yourself, there are a lot of developments going on?
Would love to see them all together!

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ I wanted to make a separate thread for Donetsk stadium, so I don't know if it should all be merged into a single unified thread.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I don't know if there are more planns or nice stadiums in Ukraine (personaly I like Dinamo Kiev also, I don't know why, because it is ugly as hell, but damn it's an impressive 100 000 cap)
Maybe if you put the stadiums together, the thread/topic stays longer up in the list, because more people are interested!

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Updates:

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nearing completion!

·
28,086 Posts
EURO 2012 stadium :cheers:
and it will be finshed in some months
lol, maybe it will need an upgrade in some years :D
2007-2012 :D

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
an article mentioned that it will have a capacity of 34,000 instead of initially mentioned 31,000.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Could someone change the thread title to:

Euro-2012 stadium: Ukraine, Dnipropetrovsk

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

:banana:

·
Letting off the happiness
5,855 Posts
With all of the Polish cities wanting bigger stadiums (Lodz and Poznan saying 50k and Krakow, Katowice etc getting in on the act) and also Kharkiv and Odessa wanting to host games, do you think this stadium will end up being big enough for Euro 2012 as it will be much smaller then the rest?

Still its very nice, is it expandable?

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With all of the Polish cities wanting bigger stadiums (Lodz and Poznan saying 50k and Krakow, Katowice etc getting in on the act) and also Kharkiv and Odessa wanting to host games, do you think this stadium will end up being big enough for Euro 2012 as it will be much smaller then the rest?

Still its very nice, is it expandable?
50k stadium would be too much for Dnipropetrovsk, because after the Euro-2012 it would be difficult to fill it all up. Plus, it's being built by a single investor, who probably doesn't want to spend more money than needed. This size of stadium, is perfectly standard for a Euro championship. It's going to be a very comfortable, cozy, high standard arena.

Yes, it can be expanded to a capacity of 45.000

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dnipro stadium update from may 8th, 2007 :banana:

1 - 20 of 181 Posts