·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Yes, it's enormous :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Anyone have any latest construction photos of pitch and seats installation? The Dnipro website does not regularly update. I am assuming the stadium is virtually finished by now?

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So far it's my favorite, even more so than the Donetsk arena, it looks so cozy and pleasant.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
401 Posts
if this stadium was being built in lets say england or germany, id disapprove of it's rather dull design.however, bearing in mind the current state of most of the facilities in eastern europe i can only say F A N TA S T I C!!! i cant' wait to see what donetsk will turn out to look like in the end. one thing is for sure, ukraine and poland will have some serious venues come 2012. i can only hope the rest of us in eastern europe wont have to wait for some major event for things to improve.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
if this stadium was being built in lets say england or germany, id disapprove of it's rather dull design.however, bearing in mind the current state of most of the facilities in eastern europe i can only say F A N TA S T I C!!! i cant' wait to see what donetsk will turn out to look like in the end. one thing is for sure, ukraine and poland will have some serious venues come 2012. i can only hope the rest of us in eastern europe wont have to wait for some major event for things to improve.
Agreed. If it was in England I would probably hate the team playing there after seeing way too many Pride Parks and Walkers Stadiums... but just being in Dniepropietrowsk makes it better.

There's more coming in Bratislava, Varna and Bucuresti from what I know, plus many Russian coming up :) so Central and Eastern Europe is growing :)

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
There's also a nice Slavia stadium finishing construction in Praha.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
From the webcam

This guy says that the construction is slightly delayed and the stadium will open in October

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

:cheers:

·
Gincan
917 Posts
Nice stadium but pillars that obstruct the view belong to the past, I'd rather have a stadium without a roof than a stadium with one and a ugly pole in front of me when i go to watch a game.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
well, I'm not an engineer or an architect, so I don't know what they are for, but either way blame the Germans if it's something unnecessary, they designed it.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Those columns carry the weight down into the primary supports (structural concrete) which are not located at the bak of the bowl, but about or 6 rows in, which is a more structurally There is a similar solutions at the Metrodome in Minneapolis (1982), where the bowl extends 6 rows past the back columns, and the supports for the bracing ring for the dome follows those columns, giving it about 1,500 obstructed views in the last 5 rows.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Perhaps it's a trick to force fans buy better tickets earlier on :)

41 - 60 of 181 Posts