Skyscraper City Forum banner

Do you agree China Central Television Channels broadcast in HK in free of charge?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please read the following Gov't Press Release before you vote.

LCQ14: Reception of CCTV programmes

-- IMO, it is really necessary to give more free-of-charge TV Channels in HK when we are entering into the Digital TV era. :)

·
Justin
620 Posts
free of charge = the use of the frequency spectrum ?
if yes, then yes.

Hong Kong is part of China, so why not make it availiable to everyone that has a TV?

·
125,047 Posts
Nothing wrong with getting a free channel. It offers more choice. Whether people will watch it is another issue altogether. Nobody will be forced to view mainland channels anyway.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have Cable TV and I watch the CCTV-News Channel in the morning for the National Anthem before 0600 on every weekday! :D

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts
Generally I eat more at dinner when CCTV1 7:00 pm news is in background. That is just childhood memories. lol
But still, it's crap.

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
Some mainland channels have wonderful programmes and truly deserve to be broadcast in HKSAR.

·
Banned
170 Posts
^_^

:banana: :banana: II like watch CCTV4,10,12,and so on! It really amazing! especially the Science Channle
But CCTV1 is really shit

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
In the Philippines, only CCTV4 and CCTV9 are carried.

Since my Chinese is really poor, I can only understand CCTV4.

Speaking of which, is it legal in Hong Kong for both ATV and TVB to air the CCTV4 news program at the same time???

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In the Philippines, only CCTV4 and CCTV9 are carried.

Since my Chinese is really poor, I can only understand CCTV4.

Speaking of which, is it legal in Hong Kong for both ATV and TVB to air the CCTV4 news program at the same time???
TVB and ATV broadcast CCTV9 live during daytime in their English Channels, usually 4 hours in the morning on one Station and other 4 hours in the afternoon on another Station. Also, the noon news from CCTV4 and the Xinwen Lianbo also broadcast on the two stations in the midnight.

PS, I've got some problems with your words, do you actally mean CCTV9, as you say your Chinese is poor? :?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts