• no

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • not sure

Votes: 8 24.2%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
I own one ! so yes i tend to fly around the world when im feeling bored anyone who wants a ride give me a shout

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Do I believe in Unidentified Flying Objects? Well that could be any aircraft that is flying and does not identify itself...

If you mean do I believe in extra terrestrial life then the answer would be that it is possible as the universe is extremely old and vast therefore the likelihood that another planet exists which is the right size and at the perfect distance from their star to support life... Also the inhabitance of such planet would have to be ancient and extremely advanced society who can attempt interstellar travel. The odds 'they' could exist are not that bad... yet we have no empirical evidence to prove it.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
^^ what a philosophical answer to that question!! oh boy I would want you beside me during essay type questions lool well said, however I wouldnt believe it till I see it.

·
(¯`·._.•MaHdI•._.·´¯)
1,106 Posts
Do I believe in Unidentified Flying Objects? Well that could be any aircraft that is flying and does not identify itself...

If you mean do I believe in extra terrestrial life then the answer would be that it is possible as the universe is extremely old and vast therefore the likelihood that another planet exists which is the right size and at the perfect distance from their star to support life... Also the inhabitance of such planet would have to be ancient and extremely advanced society who can attempt interstellar travel. The odds 'they' could exist are not that bad... yet we have no empirical evidence to prove it.
Professor!! :D

agreed 150% with Nadini

the probabality of other life existing, is, well quite probable :p why should it only be US organisms on this planet with "life"? the universe is EXTREMELY vastt and therefore i beleive that there should be some other forms of life out there

but UFOS... nope :) (not extra-terrestrail anyways :eek:kay:)

·
X
265 Posts
yes!
UFOs exists!

Life out of earth exists for sure!

and Extra-terristreal visits to earth hummmm [not sure]

Can extra-terrestrials be advanced enough to come to earth? and why come to earth??? and why all the mystery? why not come in clear form???

what about those sightings and the US government catching UFOs and hiding the mystery behind them??!!?

hummm!

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
Ive been to Mars in my UFO its nothen great really its very red and they have good nightlife

·
21,422 Posts
Although I believe that extraterrestrial life forms, some maybe even sentient do exist I do not think that they are going around in flying saucers paying visits to some poor farmers in rural areas of the world saying "hello earthling we come in peace", taking people captive and doing anal probes on them and all that stuff, drawing weird signs in crop fields or providing the US government with space-tech, in short, I don't think that they have come any where near the earth as of yet.

·
21,422 Posts
everyone knows the crop signs are fake and 99% of sights could be fake also and it still wont mean that ALL of it is fake, all it takes is one to be real, and in the movies theres some very convincing stories. You try to make it look ridiculous but they are spotted in cities, at nights, in days, in areas of volcano activity.. maybe they are here to study what we are doing to global weather? how do you know what is possible maybe they developed in the age of the dinasors and are where we could be only in a million years? look how many changes happened here in 100 years only on earth..
It just sounds all too x-files and conspiracy theories to me. You know area 51 the grey ones and all that stuff.

I think it is a projection of the mass human psyche trying to define the unknown under the influence of the fear of the unknown, in terms of superior technology and intellect, just like medieval people believed in fairies, elves, goblins, trolls, etc. It is just projection of inner fears of what's out there into a form we can define.

·
21,422 Posts
thats too easy. true it could be that 99% of cases and stories is what you said, but who said its everything? you have astronauts and pilots and police testify they have nothing to gain from it, they are telling what they saw.
its always the hardest to accept new things, what you said could have been said 500 years ago to anyone who said the earth is round and not flat..
remember that cameras were invented just in the last few centuries until then any light could have been said to be a shooting star or people would have not said anything even if they saw something strange cause they couldnt show proof. we are always, also now, limited by what we know, what we have to see and explore and what we think is the "common belief".
I am not saying they are lying I am just saying that just like people in the medieval era truely believed they saw goblins etc, people today believe that they see UFO's while it is just their psych trying to define the unknown in a more substantial form that can be recognised.

·
21,422 Posts
as easy as you are dismissing it I can say using the same example you gave to say we have no proof so that we can just dismiss it totally.
it's just a gut feeling. we feel lonely, we know there is more in life then we see around us, that there are deeper truths, we live in a materialistic world, yet those who can see beyond all this know that it is not all that there is. Thus some people project this feeling into visions of UFO's and aliens, others just feel that it is far more complicated then that.

·
Banned
747 Posts
aliens in the middle east ? ......hmmmm
dont they all belong in usa ?
the strange thing is that from science point of view there are millions of planets that SHOULD harbour life ,the fact that we havn't found proof of any of them and that we are alone in the cosmos is against mathmatical propapility . even more there was no evidence found of even micro organisms in comets and so on.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts