SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ciclista terco y gritón
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wonder why there are not many african people living in my country.

I've heard of people from Senegal and Somalia but never from Nigeria, Tanzania.

I would love to have more africans in Lima, most of black people are Afroperuvians, but no migrants from Africa, and up to what I've seen african people seem to be passionate live lovers.

Do you know about southamerican contries but Brazil with african migration or oportunities in southamerica?

I've always been interested on knowing more about the big African Countries and promoting qualify migration.

My country Peru is probably the one with the shortest African origin population. and up to what I know African Countries have interestingly qualify professionals.

What do you know About Peru?

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
I am sure there are at least some Nigerians there.

I have found Nigerians everywhere and anywhere.

Even if it is only 4 or 5 Nigerians.

·
Registered
17,043 Posts
Ive been to Peru twice. Im British but my parents are Ghanaian. "Proper" Africans dont travel as much.

I dont understand why people in Peru stare at you, even in Lima, when you have your own Afro-Peruvian population. In Arequipa I was a celebrity. I also been to Cusco, Puno, and up to Trujillo/Huanchaco.

Ive been all over Latin America and only met Nigerians in Brazil and Argentina. Though I know they are also in Ciudad del este in Paraguay. You also get Senegalese in Argentina.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ive been to Peru twice. Im British but my parents are Ghanaian. "Proper" Africans dont travel as much.

I dont understand why people in Peru stare at you, even in Lima, when you have your own Afro-Peruvian population. In Arequipa I was a celebrity. I also been to Cusco, Puno, and up to Trujillo/Huanchaco.

Ive been all over Latin America and only met Nigerians in Brazil and Argentina. Though I know they are also in Ciudad del este in Paraguay. You also get Senegalese in Argentina.
Except from Nigerians, especially Yoruba's and Igbo's. Then again what do you mean by "proper" Africans.

·
Ciclista terco y gritón
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

We stare cause, it's weird here to see very dark skinned people, most of afroperuvians are mixed Mulatos (White-Black) o Zambos (Amerindean-Black) and pure afroperuvians are weird and mainly live in a town named Chincha on the north of Ica's Region, quite a turistic place for people from Lima.

Believe me people stare mainly for curiosity and atraction to difference. In peruvian middle income psique African people is highly atractive, that's another reason for people to stare at you... and to have pently of mulatas and mulatos on modeling.

·
Hanging the boots up
9,542 Posts
Language is a key reason you dont see many africans immigrate to latin americas. Only one country in africa speaks spanish that is eq guinea.

Most french africa go to france or canada

English africa go to u.s, u.k or australia

·
Ciclista terco y gritón
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't it hard for you to emigrate to those destinations? It's not that easy for Latinamericans to do so.

·
El violinista de Cusco
1,245 Posts
Maybe it is possible specially in Lima where there are many black people.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts