Skyscraper City Forum banner

Do you like the design for the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in Toronto?

• YES

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • NO

Votes: 5 23.8%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like the design for the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in Toronto?

IMO, it screams Time Square NYC. I'm not sure whether the best design would be to drape it with ads.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
that's not the Hall of Fame... thats the already designed Metropolis retail complex the Hall of Fame will be a tenant of.

The design of the Hall of Fame will be an interior exercise, with a facade fronting onto Yonge.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yup, the facade for the Hall of Fame will be on Yonge, this is the Dundas side.

·
Banned
100 Posts
What's the point of building something new when it already exists in New York City or Tokyo? I don't like it. It's not original at all... Having said that, it is what it is and will be a great attribute to the T-Dot.

·
Registered
470 Posts
All these comparisons are ridiculous...

It's a pimped out entertainment complex - that's all. It's a high volume pedestrian area on the cities main strip with shopping all around. It may be crass and flashy but it's an exciting space. And for a city of it's size, Toronto has very little in the flashy department... it's just another space that adds to the dynamic of this already freakishly diverse city.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
dtx03 said:
times square, naw,

looks more like a rip from tokyo or any large asian city with all those advertisements

'looks like a rip'

like excessive advertising at streetlevel + higher originated in asia.

·
I need coffee.
1,442 Posts
Where is it? The building on the right? Difficult to say if it's good or bad from that angle. I'd have to see all angles, inside and out.

:laugh: Why are all the people so evenly dispersed?

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Well there's not that many renders of Metropolis, here's another showing it in a different angle:

I think the design is okay, I always thought that they could of done better, but I can't wait for it to be completed in 2007. Metropolis will also include a flagship HMV store, a Virgin Megastore, a 20 theatre AMC theatre and other retail stores.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ihe building would be better if they put a condo or somthing talll ontop, but otherwise I like it. I actually really like all the ads, I wish they would losen up with the advertising restrictions in Vancouver. We can't even have video boards downtown; the new futureshop building was suppost to have 2 but city hall wouldnt allow it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
How can we judge the design of the Hall of Fame when it's not even pictured?

(And for anyone making comparisons to NY or Tokyo - grow up).

mr. x: you've pictued Metropolis, and although the Hall of Fame will be included in the complex, it will actually front the other side. This poll is worthless as don't have a good idea of how it will be integrated into the overall scheme.

·
partybits
1,451 Posts
Anywhere else in the city and it would have been a monstrosity. However, considering the location as the shopping mecca of the city, this suits the location perfectly. With all the other billboards and advertisments in the intersection, this will just blend in. The height is perfect because it will match the height of the neighbouring billboard signs, the Olympic torch and the new Eaton Centre Entrance. It gives the area a sense of action, of something always happening and excitement.
Can't wait until it's done

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
"Ihe building would be better if they put a condo or somthing talll ontop"

Good question...considering how condo crazy this city is, you'd think this location would be a no-brainer for a condo/hotel tower above it. I'm very surprised it never included one.

KGB

G

·
KGB said:
"Ihe building would be better if they put a condo or somthing talll ontop"

Good question...considering how condo crazy this city is, you'd think this location would be a no-brainer for a condo/hotel tower above it. I'm very surprised it never included one.

KGB

Surprised? Why? PenEquity is in charge. Common sense doesn't seem to be a strong point for them.

Given the growth of Ryerson, and the AMC theatre doubling as lecture halls, a combination condo/student residence could be quite successful there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts