Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going by data, Philly has the most percentage of cycling among the 10 largest cities. Cities smaller than Philly like San Fran or DC only edges it out by 1%. Also, take a look around the city streets, you'll see more bikes in Philly in 5 minutes than you would in most American cities in a whole day. Also, according to Walkscore, Center City Philly is the ONLY downtown to score above a 90 on ALL THREE measures of walk, bike, and transit. I can't wait for Philly Bikeshare; it would put all other U.S. systems to shame a few months after opening.

So do you think Philadelphia is the best city for cycling?

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I think it's another forumer playing around. If not, I feel sorry for the guy. I'm not sure why he hasn't been banned yet...

·
centralnatbankbuildingrva
2,608 Posts
Fun fact, Philly (while being a good city) is not @ the center of the universe (That's where NYC is)

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, out of the 10 largest cities Philly has the HIGHEST bike commuting %. The cities with higher percentages than Philly are medium sized or small (like Minneapolis or Madison) and are less urban. And about the comment about Philly's Bikeshare vs. DC's, DC had a 5 year head start so of course they have more bikes than Philly's when it opens. In a few years we can guarantee that Philly's system will outgrow all others due to popularity of cycling here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts