SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trump is pretty confident that ground will break in December of this year, and will finish construction sometime in 2008-09. I read somewhere that Sapphire will start construction in September of this year but I doubt it. With his website U/C, and many building redesigns I'm not sure of what to think of Stinson anymore.

:runaway: :cheers:

·
Dino Sauro
249 Posts
So what can we do except waiting, although that's last
that we really love.

So far we can only dream about this:

Honestly I liked much more the old design. The new one looks like something
to put on the christmass tree...

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
i think stinson is just trying to get publicity and fame out of this,but i'm hopeful that one day this gets off the ground because the tower looks really nice.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Oh...I definetely think it's going to get built. It might be a bit of a long drawn-out affair like 1 King, but in the end, I think he will sell the units and get the financing. He might even be able to self-finance, if that new investment fund he's flogging actually takes off. He has already bought the building next door to facilitate the "new" parking design (yes, design changes are afoot again).

As a one-off design, the area could use this wacky thing. In the grand scheme of things, it adds a little spice to the area...not that I think it's fabulous on it's own...or would want a whole bunch of this. An 1100 footer will liven up the place, if not add much architectural superlatives. And the slightly less gregarious Trump will soften the blow a bit....if Saphire was the only game in town, it might be worse.

"Brookfield, where are you? "

Oh don't worry...they are sitting in the wings waiting to blow everybody away with their 1400 footer!! They are just waiting for the whole Trump, Saphire, Ritz thing to get old.

KGB

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Actually it barely tops 1300'. But it's a real roof, not a darning needle.

·
Former Toronto *********
912 Posts
^Yes, they own the land. As for Sapphire, I'll be surprised if it breaks ground before 2007. With the recent problems at 1KW, I think investors are a little bit timid about Stinson projects.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Somebody should be a sweetheart, and add 1 King to that rendering. I like that rendering...quite realistic.

KGB

·
Registered
676 Posts
Lucky 24 said:
^Yes, they own the land. As for Sapphire, I'll be surprised if it breaks ground before 2007. With the recent problems at 1KW, I think investors are a little bit timid about Stinson projects.
Plus the fact that Stinson doesn't have solid backing by someone like Mirvish. Frankly, that would be my first clue to avoid investing in Sapphire.

I hope it gets built, I'm waiting for it to get built, but if it's cancelled I won't be terribly shocked.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I really hope that Sapphire gets built but yeah, like what sk8rboiiii said, "but if it's cancelled I won't be terribly shocked." I would hate it if it gets cancelled but I won't be shocked. Stinson is still an amateur at condo developing, he should of started off small and then built his way up into building taller buildings. Maybe if he teamed up with a major hotel chain, he would be more successful.

EDIT: What the Hey! It'll probably end up getting built. Remember when 1KW first started out, many people doubted him and now look, the tower is complete. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Istrian said:
So what can we do except waiting, although that's last
that we really love.

So far we can only dream about this:

Honestly I liked much more the old design. The new one looks like something
to put on the christmass tree...

Are you serious, Istrian? You like the old bland version of Sapphire better?
At least the new version is distinguishable with the ball on top. I never quite took the old render much seriously. The old one looked like a cheap Trump ripoff.

The new Sapphire Tower (possibly going through another re-design):

Oh well, at least it didn't look like this :( :bash:

·
Premium Member
38,003 Posts
I think somehow the design seeems very unrealistic.

G

·
KGB said:
He might even be able to self-finance, if that new investment fund he's flogging actually takes off.

KGB
You should watch his new informerical, Im sure you'll have a newfound confidence in his ability to raise funds. Among his many brilliant statements:

'People call me from banks about investments all the time and I have no idea what they're talking about.' (paraphrased)

'Stinson Financial is the new financial division of...Stinson Enterprises...I guess.' (paraphrased)

I almost picked up the phone to invest something right away!

·
lolwut
1,867 Posts
KGB and Elliot, What are you guys talking about ive never heard about this?! Are they really wanting to build a tower that tall as soon as the whole trump/saphire thing is over....cause that would be frigan awsome! If ya have any more information on this fill me in id love to hear more cause i dont know much about the Bay Adalaid tower..when it will be built or whatd happening with it, im pretty much clueless about it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The infomercial is on right now, looks like Harry has been using the Just For Men, no more grey!

·
Registered
822 Posts
i am definately waiting anxiously for the redesign. who knows ,foreign investors want to invest their money in TO,anything can happen!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Chad said:
I think somehow the design seeems very unrealistic.

why

1 - 20 of 43 Posts