1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader
http://www.reuters.com/article/Middl...34758720070327

"""""They have basically got to persuade us that it's worth our while," Emirates President Tim Clark told the Reuters Middle East Investment Summit in Dubai on Tuesday.""""""

Wow, Is this real? Did the Emirates boss really say this, “Asking SL authorities needs to persuade him to stay with the current agreement?"

If SL Authorities think a little, they should pull-out from the current agreement with Emirates soon as it becomes possible.

List of benefits that Emirates got off the current arrangement is endless. Landing rights to major destinations including that of Australian destinations is a just a start. Spineless SL authorities let all those rights go away and be abused by Emirates. Emirates made AirLanka, the once proud global carrier of SL, to remain as regional Airline, carrying that distorted version of the Emirates colors/scheme.

Perhaps, Mr President of Emirates is very familiar with the nature of the SL Authorities, no wit, no direction, just a bunch of jokers.

Wake -up SL.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader
http://www.reuters.com/article/Middl...34758720070327

"""""They have basically got to persuade us that it's worth our while," Emirates President Tim Clark told the Reuters Middle East Investment Summit in Dubai on Tuesday.""""""

Wow, Is this real? Did the Emirates boss really say this, “Asking SL authorities needs to persuade him to stay with the current agreement?"

If SL Authorities think a little, they should pull-out from the current agreement with Emirates soon as it becomes possible.

List of benefits that Emirates got off the current arrangement is endless. Landing rights to major destinations including that of Australian destinations is a just a start. Spineless SL authorities let all those rights go away and be abused by Emirates. Emirates made AirLanka, the once proud global carrier of SL, to remain as regional Airline, carrying that distorted version of the Emirates colors/scheme.

Perhaps, Mr President of Emirates is very familiar with the nature of the SL Authorities, no wit, no direction, just a bunch of jokers.

Wake -up SL.
Last week they said that Emirates still willing to go ahead with the deal n committed to increase the flights in near future, I think we should go ahead with them, due to bad management which was nearly diminishes Air Lanka by SL government prior to 1998. How ever SL gov also don't have a option other than go ahead with the deal, due to the fact that they already started Mihin Air operations!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can not see the conflict. Having Mihin Lanka does not in anyway make it mandotory to go with Emirates. Can you please explain. Bad managment of SL authorities does not mean that you have to go selling yourself on road either. Get a good set of Executives from around the world and offer them incentives based on performance and performance only. Honestly, I do not know of any other country in the world that sold its NATIONAL carrier to another. Simply disgraceful..

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Yep u are right, that was because Gov had to raise money for war that time, Given the fact that, Gov had to subsidise billions of rupees due to inefficiency of the airline also, Air Lanka did not make any significant profits & they also couldn't afford for any new fleets, so only option was to sell it off. There are many airlines have sold though out the world because we are living in a corporate world. When u offer a better $, they are willing to sell it, recently Australian Quanta’s was offered a bid by consortium from USA, things go along, but as u mention it's unusual to sell it to another player’s which exist in the same industry.

·
Scarebarian
600 Posts
Emirates actually does reap a lot of benefits, for one they get to use CMB as a refueling point (why else is there at least 4 flights a day passing through CMB) and having that maintenance facility in CMB with lower costs. What the government should do is keep the war outside to reduce uncertainty over using such facilities.

Personally, anything that the government cant get their hands on is a good thing, hurray for FDI and private entrepreneurship!

·
Registered
5 Posts
srilankan - emirates

:banana:
As long as a government entity doesn't get their grubby hands on UL I'm a happy man !
Yes that should be most of goverment ventures are inefficiant and GOSL unable to invest .With emirates srilankan can go forward they are planing to expand the fleet adding more aircrafts. I am happy to see
A340-600 OR B777-3OO ER /200ER in srilankan fleet

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Yep, since gov doesn't want priceless help from private sector to expand or uplift their loss making institutes, I prefer Emirates to run Sri Lankan. Same story fallen for SLT, did not make any profits until it sold to NTT, tnx to their intention now SLT making profits & have shifted form conventional telecom to other operations.

·
Banned
976 Posts
I've not yet managed to understand why people hate partial privatization. Hell, they'll get a more efficient, pleasant service than now for just a tiny bit higher price.. you can't expect the state to own every damn institution now can you, it will be a communist hell hole again !

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I've not yet managed to understand why people hate partial privatization. Hell, they'll get a more efficient, pleasant service than now for just a tiny bit higher price.. you can't expect the state to own every damn institution now can you, it will be a communist hell hole again !
yep, privatization is better for SL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts