SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... around Millenium Square once the Yorkshire Grey has gone?

Will it be the tower, the car park or the offices first?

I was led to believe the tower would be the first off the blocks, but still little sign of any activity.

·
18,054 Posts
Unisol said:
..... around Millenium Square once the Yorkshire Grey has gone?

Will it be the tower, the car park or the offices first?

I was led to believe the tower would be the first off the blocks, but still little sign of any activity.
from what i have seen of the site, the tower will begin foundations first, but due to how the land seems ot have already been prepared for the second office block that may well rise first... i doubt the car park will be fast rising!

construction should begin this month as far as im aware...wooo!

·
Registered
691 Posts
The developers City Lofts/ St James still classify the tower as a future, rather than current, development on their website (www.citylofts.co.uk) but that might not mean much if they don't keep the site up to date. Office block no2 (opposite Ha Ha Bar) was granted planning permission a while back, no3 (opposite Howden House) was only just approved last week. If they don't crack on with the car park first, there's going to be a parking headache as the new office developments will both increase demand and swallow up the land that contains what few parking spaces there are in the area! My guess is office no2.

NB City Lofts/St James have reportedly themselves open an office in no1 St Pauls square, ie leasing their own development, ready for the off. (reported in the local press). See:CTP St James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts