Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DJ Michael
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering whether to start a new thread on this because my last one failed and I want to avoid that, With that said yes I know of a few developments, but is it worth a new thread? I also want to start this because there is really only one thread with MA development thread and all of MA isnt Boston. So the original question, is there enough development in the Worcester_Lowell-Nashua area?

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts
There are a few interesting mill/loft conversions that I know of in Lowell/Dracut. I'm not aware of anything significant in Nashua, and I have no knowledge of "Woohstah".

I'll be doing my semi-annual visit to Lowell/Nashua this weekend actually, I'll see if I find anything interesting.

·
DJ Michael
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few interesting mill/loft conversions that I know of in Lowell/Dracut. I'm not aware of anything significant in Nashua, and I have no knowledge of "Woohstah".

I'll be doing my semi-annual visit to Lowell/Nashua this weekend actually, I'll see if I find anything interesting.
OK, I live in this area and the only things I've heard of are Cornerstone Square in Westford which would be a upscale lifestyle center and Nashua Landing in Nashua which will be a lifestyle center with a Whole Foods.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The Nashua Landing is the only thing that I have heard of in that city, though i think it is still just a proposal. Kinda sad since it's a nice city, with a population around 100,000. I would love to see some mid rise buildings go up, since Manch-vegas is the only NH city with any type of skyline. Hopefully one day.

·
DJ Michael
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^Yea I was thinking the same for Lowell, it has 110,000 people and only 2 notable highrises, and they're both concrete and IMO, eyesores.

·
Naugatuckian
457 Posts
Worcester has Gateway Park, which is/will be a complex of residential and Bio-tech buildings. Here's one of the first completed buildings:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Worcester has got a lot going for it right now. WPI's new biotechnology and life sciences complex right by I-290 is looking great with a lot of potential. Worcester recently completed a Hilton Garden Inn (as a highrise) in the downtown area, which is the first step to rejuvenating that lagging part of the city. Some historic mill buildings are being redeveloped. I saw one place in the University Park neighborhood on Illinois St that was really well done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts