Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
QATAR - Al-Gharafa Stadium (45,000) - 2022 FIFA WC

The existing 21,175 capacity Al-Gharafa stadium will be expanded to 44,740 seats using modular elements forming an upper tier. The facade will be made up of ribbons representing the nations that qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup and will symbolize football and the mutual friendship, tolerance and respect that the tournament represents. The stadium will be downscaled to its existing capacity after the tournament ends.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is in Al-Rayyan NOT DOHA.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly, I didnt make anything up, according to both the bid website and the FIFA technical report, this stadium is in Al-Rayyan. so...

Please rename city from Dohot to ---> AL-RAYYAN.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Exactly, I didnt make anything up, according to both the bid website and the FIFA technical report, this stadium is in Al-Rayyan. so...

Please rename city from Dohot to ---> AL-RAYYAN.
The whole country of Qatar is smaller than for example a city like Beijing. So the technical details are really not that important. Practicaly you will have all of the WC stadiums within a few hours of driving distance...which is good for the football fans who will travel to see the games, ....but i don't really know what the country will do with 12 huge football stadiums. We have all seen a few months ago at the AsianCup how many people are attracted by football in Qatar. The stadiums were not even half full. (even when the host nation played, there were more empty seats in the stadium, than occupied ones) :eek:hno:
But hey....if the money has to be spent, than who am i, to start putting such questions? :)

BTW: The stadium looks amazing :cheers:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I think they can cancel this project, cuz what we all knew will now be proven. Qatar had bribed FIFA Officials to get the 2022 WC and that it is an talentless country.
Priceless contribution, thank you. Though I agree this one does look a bit unrealistic - was it confirmed that the initial ideas of AS&P are final?

·
Registered
255 Posts
What i really dont understand is how they will actually implement such good airconditioning to reach decent temperatures. Since the roof is open there will be a enormous amount of heat coming into the stadium.

No matter how much airco they will install, i dont think that it will do much effect and that airconditioning will also be effective in stadiums with closed roofs. And all the proposed stadiums will have opened roofs.

So tell, how are they going to accomplish that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts