SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
the mitty
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Found it strange I couldnt find the thread for this stadium. Went on wikipedia, and there was no mention of it too. However, in WC qatari site is so, I created it.

Al Thumama
In Doha’s southern suburbs, in the Al Thumama area, there are four football pitches run by Qatar Football Association. From these roots will grow a modern stadium holding at least 40,000 fans, which will host games through to the 2022 FIFA World Cup™ quarter-finals. In common with all of our stadiums, it will use advanced cooling technologies to maintain a comfortable temperature for players, fans and officials.

http://www.sc.qa/en/stadiums/other-stadiums

Heerim to design Al Thumama Stadium

Heerim Architects and Planners Co, a firm headquartered in Seoul, has been awarded the design and engineering services contract for the Fifth Precinct Stadium in Al Thumama, Doha.

Renowned South Korean firm Heerim announced they are working on the design and engineering of Al Thumama Stadium in southern Doha. Heerim released the information via a stock exchange statement, saying that it has signed a contract worth $16.2 million, according to Zawya.

Quoting the statement filed by the firm with the Korea Exchange, Zawya reported that the contract was awarded by the joint venture (JV) formed by Qatar’s AlJaber Engineering (JEC) and Turkey’s Tekfen Construction.

The JV company is the main contractor for the 40,000-seat stadium, which has a 2020 target completion date and will serve as a venue for the FIFA 2022 World Cup matches up to the quarter-final stage.

As of now no official renders of the stadium have been released. There is one image of the masterplan circulating in local media, which we present below.
http://stadiumdb.com/news/2017/04/qatar_2022_heerim_to_design_al_thumama_stadium

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts

Reactions: nihad and EPA001

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Reactions: Atlantropa

·
the mitty
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
World Cup mode vs Legacy mode

Reactions: EPA001

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice design. It looks very odd that a country as a CATAR can host a WC. In Asia, have lot of country wich deserve more, like CHINA or even Saud Arabia.

But, the STADIUMS are all amazing, at least on renders.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I don't agree with the amazingness of the stadiums, but for the rest it's their money so they should do whatever the **** they want to do with it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice design. It looks very odd that a country as a CATAR can host a WC. In Asia, have lot of country wich deserve more, like CHINA or even Saud Arabia.

But, the STADIUMS are all amazing, at least on renders.
I don't think I could imagine anything worse than a WC in Saudi Arabia. Qatar is conservative, but it's like Las Vegas in comparison to Saudi.

·
Architecture Rules
442 Posts
There will be all new modern great stadiums, with cooling systems, played in November, so everything needed for a great tournament!! Go Qatar!!
The point is to spread WC to new countries that never hosted before, not only turning 5 countries forever. :banana::cheers:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts