Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
QATAR - Doha Port Stadium (45,000) - 2022 FIFA WC

The new Doha Port Stadium will be a completely modular stadium with 44,950 seats. The stadium, which will sit on an artificial peninsula in the Gulf, is designed to evoke its marine setting. Water from the Gulf will run over its outer facade, aiding in the cooling process and adding to its visual allure. Fans will have the option of arriving on a water taxi or ferry. After the FIFA World Cup™, the whole stadium will be disassembled and the seats sent to developing countries to further their football development.

Inspired by the Sea Urchin:

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Halawala, this is 100% modular, it will be dismantled and given to developing countries in need of such facilities, the area will become a major public meeting, retail area etc.

·
Nikolina :)
66 Posts
I would like to see this in Zagreb, Croatia, after this World Cup, as our current stadium(Croatia NT and Dinamo Zagreb play there) is horror, and although it is "being built" for last 12 years, I dont believe it will be finished / or that we will get new one till 2022.

So, if there is someone who knows where one can apply for this stadium, let me know. :)

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
Do you think there is any way that Haiti could pay to keep that stadium running? There is absolutely no way.
It's going to a developing nation after the world cup. Haiti is still wealthier than many of the nations in Africa. :bash:. 2010 was the bottom for Haiti it will rise up and be decent by 2022.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First stadium in the video.

·
Registered
679 Posts
It's going to a developing nation after the world cup. Haiti is still wealthier than many of the nations in Africa. :bash:. 2010 was the bottom for Haiti it will rise up and be decent by 2022.
Being wealthier than some nations in Africa is like being the tallest midget. It's still by far the poorest country in the Americas and they need any and all resources going to recovery from the Earthquake, not for some stupid football stadium.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts
Being wealthier than some nations in Africa is like being the tallest midget. It's still by far the poorest country in the Americas and they need any and all resources going to recovery from the Earthquake, not for some stupid football stadium.
What part of "this stadium is going to a developing nation" don't you understand?

·
Registered
679 Posts
It would be irresponsible for Haiti to take a stadium right now. They have way more to deal with than some stupid stadium. Give it to a country that isn't dealing with everything they are dealing with. They don't need a stadium like this.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay this discussion of where the stadium will be rebuilt is OVER ! we have 12 years until this stadium is used and then several years for dismantling and shipping of to nations.

·
Registered
136 Posts
:eek:hno:Those who have planned the stadium, the audience forget sitting behind the goal and the screen view! A total lack planning!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am sorry but who would want to sit still!

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You do know its just a video, right ? you can see it has just been randomly placed if its a problem I see they can easily lift it up a bit,,,,

You guys make anything problematic :eek:hno:

·
Registered
136 Posts
You do know its just a video, right ? you can see it has just been randomly placed if its a problem I see they can easily lift it up a bit,,,,

You guys make anything problematic :eek:hno:
Sorry but this is a Architectural fault! Since you can not talk nice!If you install an air conditioner can also use the SCREEN potentiometer until the instalation see everyone! :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts