Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Smile :)
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys noticed the area between alrayyan st and al corniche being prepared for something ?

also, the Qatar News Agency building and the few buildings around it were demolished. the only thing left is Qatar Bowling Center.

I think they finally decided to start on the central park project we've been waiting for.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I will try to snap some photos next time I drive by.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Not only that, but I saw on many sections of Wadi el Sail lots of sand being dumped and layered, they say it is for national day as there are camels roaming around there (Yes there are camels in Wadi el Sail !!) but it is for the park project =D separating the two Central business districts.

·
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
^^ Camels in wadi alsail !! is it only for the national day ?

thanks for the info, its the same thing am talking about from alrayyan st to wadi alsail. it only make sense that they want to grow grass in this area.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
^^ Camels in wadi alsail !! is it only for the national day ?

thanks for the info, its the same thing am taking about from alrayyan st to wadi alsail. it only make sense that they want to grow grass in this area.
ههههههه, قطر سون عاد !! فضحتنا :nuts:

Yeah I knew it would seem weird for camels to be there, but they are there ! and yes its for national day only (hopefully).

Its going to be amazing, on one side a deeply cultural section (Souq Waqif, Mushiereb, National Museum, Museum of Islamic arts etc) and on the other side an ultra modern skyline.

This project will help provide much more public space for families and such, instead of everyone clogging the corniche and bidda park.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Construction in full swing for new park

The project behind the current Al Rumaillah Park, is expected to offer an additional green area in Doha

Construction has gained momentum for a massive public park, quite possibly the largest in Doha in terms of size, Gulf Times has learnt.
Located chiefly in Al Rumaillah east zone, and parts of Al Bidda and Wadi Al Sail, excavation work covering most of the designated area has been completed, a source said yesterday. “Work has been going on here for around a year, with laying of pipelines to irrigate the area. In about 10 days, grass should start to grow in some parts,” the source said.

Al Rumaillah, Al Bidda, and Wadi Al Sail used to be one of the oldest inhabited areas of Doha, before they were cleared in the run up to the Asian Games, which was hosted in 2006. Wadi Al Sail was the most recently-demolished area. “After the initial digging, pipes with a diameter of 8” to 1” were laid because a lot of water was required to turn the arid area into a heavily-landscaped public recreational area,” the source said.

More than one company is involved in landscaping the area, ostensibly due to the sheer size of the project. The park, the name of which could not be confirmed, borders Al Khaleej Street (on Gulf Street past Qatar Bowling Centre), Majlis Al Taawon Street (GCC Street leading to Commercialbank Plaza), and Mohamed Bin Thani Street (leading to the Civil Defence headquarters).

The project design has also made provisions for parking of a large number of vehicles and the project is being executed by the Private Engineering Bureau, the Emiri Diwan’s construction arm, which has prestigious public projects to its credit such as the popular Souq Waqif and the State Mosque.

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topi...=411694&version=1&template_id=36&parent_id=16

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Many areas are starting to look like a park with green patches everywhere

·
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took these today

Doha grand park :cheers:

I tried to take some better pictures but there was an annoying officer who told me that taking pictures around there is forbidden and kept following me till i left, so i took them while driving. :bash:

Halawala can you please fix the name to Doha Grand Park.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Finally some proper park lands around the country !

·
doha rulz...
988 Posts
The google earth pic doesn't have the complete plot of the park.. infact it isn't the curently fenced plot at all.. hope am right.?

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
I love this idea a lot really! I just wish the whole Cornish area will get a makeover. Nothing too fancy. Just adding an extra lane for cars, eliminating the stonge-age roundabouts (which were since the 50's!), and maybe shifting the coastline by 30 meters inwards from all sides in order to increase space in the actual cornish.

It may sound fancy, but will take maybe a year or two to complete.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts