Banned
4,376 Posts
w:nuts:w

huge projects of Qatar
:applause:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
What's the reason to build this in a city of maybe 400 000 (natives at 30 % of the total population)?? Get me informed...

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
^^The city population has passed more than 1.2 million already.
And how much of this are really people that settled down in Qatar? I guess that at least 50 % are guest workers that live somewhere in sheds saving every coin to send back to Pakistan or India and do not participate in any city life. Even though hole Qatar has just 1,696,563. Regarding the WC 2022 it would be comparably if you would build 10 soccer arenas in a borough of Berlin, Paris London or Moscow. For me this scales are unbelievable and highly unbalanced.

·
Illuminati Leader
6,057 Posts
That skyline is absolutely stunning. While I don't think the 2022 World Cup games should be in Qatar, i will say this city is one of the most futuristic cities in the world and its skyline is a testament to that.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
That skyline is absolutely stunning. While I don't think the 2022 World Cup games should be in Qatar, i will say this city is one of the most futuristic cities in the world and its skyline is a testament to that.
+1 Absolutly

What is the population in Doha Metro, 400,000 or 1.200,000?

Wikipedia say:

a) 1.696,563 [Qatar]
b) 1.723,064 [Doha Metro]

I don't understand ... :eek:hno:

·
Illuminati Leader
6,057 Posts
+1 Absolutly

What is the population in Doha Metro, 400,000 or 1.200,000?

Wikipedia say:

a) 1.696,563 [Qatar]
b) 1.723,064 [Doha Metro]

I don't understand ... :eek:hno:
The population of Qatar fluctuates wildly because so many people there are temporary workers. The city could very well have 1.7 million people one month but 1.2 the next. Most of these workers are extremely poor and sent back once their labor is done. In my opinion, Qatar's population is closer to the 840,000 given by the CIA World Factbook. Qatar's preliminary numbers say 1.69 million but these numbers are preliminary and i have no clue as to their methodology. Either way nowhere near this many hold Qatari citizenship. So Do they count migrant workers in the numbers? What about those that already left, are they still counted? Doha's population is probably less than 840k on average but still fluctuates above that very often.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
And how much of this are really people that settled down in Qatar? I guess that at least 50 % are guest workers that live somewhere in sheds saving every coin to send back to Pakistan or India and do not participate in any city life. Even though hole Qatar has just 1,696,563. Regarding the WC 2022 it would be comparably if you would build 10 soccer arenas in a borough of Berlin, Paris London or Moscow. For me this scales are unbelievable and highly unbalanced.
Well, Moscow has 6 to 10 times more population. London- if you mean city of London- too.
So I guess, Lisbon or Prague will do. Should they have all that oil underground, of course...

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
The population of Qatar fluctuates wildly because so many people there are temporary workers. The city could very well have 1.7 million people one month but 1.2 the next. Most of these workers are extremely poor and sent back once their labor is done. In my opinion, Qatar's population is closer to the 840,000 given by the CIA World Factbook. Qatar's preliminary numbers say 1.69 million but these numbers are preliminary and i have no clue as to their methodology. Either way nowhere near this many hold Qatari citizenship. So Do they count migrant workers in the numbers? What about those that already left, are they still counted? Doha's population is probably less than 840k on average but still fluctuates above that very often.
Thank U "Manitopiaaa" ... :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
what a fantastic skyline... the most futuristic skyline in the world i think... but and but... same as dubai... nobody is occupying , nobody will occupy the buildings ... useless skyline... my opinion...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts