SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
11,413 Posts
Theres been a bit of news on a possible new mixed use tower for the Eastern end of Marsh Wall around Dollar Bay the last couple of months

Londonnewcastle have been working up plans with a public consultation held back in May. A scoping opinion was lodged back not long after. So you would expect a planning application at some point this year.

Found these images on Buro4 website

Not your usual IoD box.

Also this cracking image of the IoD

Final Design:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think Amanda Levete Architects are working up a mixed use scheme in east london for London Newcastle, with any luck this is it and we've basically got a future systems skyscraper heading for the isle of dogs. Exciting if that's what it turns out to be.

EDIT: According to the Buro Four website Ian Simpson is the architect

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
gosh, that's an incredible image with RS, HQW, NQ, City Pride, Columbus and Wood Wharf all fleshed out. Now that's a massed 21st century skyline and a mini city in itself. We use the worse 'dense' too often, but by god, its appropriate here.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Am I right in thinking this is a residential tower? It looks about the same height as Pan Penninsula.

Jesus, Wood Wharf looks bloody dense in that 3D mock up!

·
actual gherkin
13,933 Posts
Not much to go on... It looks like a better proportioned 20FC, like something the Chinese built a decade ago. Cheap cladding and it's an eyesore. I like how Elvis is looking at it in that render :D

·
Like 'Berg'
6,513 Posts
They can call it Brenda for all I care! I do like it but I'm not completely won over yet. I just hope that Wood Wharf proves to be more experimental with its designs (and palette) and the whole area around here will be awesome (moreso, lol).

·
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.
3,144 Posts
What an awful name.
On the contrary. A lot of the people who have enough money to buy appartments in such a block would want a sterling name to go with it. For someone to say they live in Dollar Bay Tower is more attractive than "The Cascades".

Looks okay so far. Willing to bet a tenner this ends up as a box 5 years down the line when groundbreaking starts.

NIMBY anyone?

·
DJZoneOne
579 Posts
Theres been a bit of news on a possible new mixed use tower for the Eastern end of Marsh Wall around Dollar Bay the last couple of months

Londonnewcastle have been working up plans with a public consultation held back in May. A scoping opinion was lodged back not long after. So you would expect a planning application at some point this year.

Found these images on Buro4 website

Not your usual IoD box.

look at park place and newfoundland!

1 - 20 of 363 Posts