Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ecce Homo
184 Posts
For me it is the most beautiful part of the Alps. I always love to go there. Unfortunately are the campsites quite expensive.

·
Dando um tempo.
15,926 Posts
OH MY GOD!
These places are amazing!!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
22,346 Posts
Cortina d'Ampezzo must be the best place for skiing. This is James Bond in Cortina.
There are other ski areas I prefer, Cortina d'Ampezzo is full of snooty middle aged women in fur coats who don't ski but just go there to show off.

Kronplatz/Plan de Corones is a good ski area and i've had a couple of good holidays around Innichen/San Candido.

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I say best I mean a combination of gastronomy, night life, events, and light skiing (some lessons). Definetely Cortina attracts the Italian and international jetset and is featured in most luxury travel magazines. Most (real) skiers would probably choose another place.

Cortina D'Ampezzo

·
Registered
15,530 Posts
There are other ski areas I prefer, Cortina d'Ampezzo is full of snooty middle aged women in fur coats who don't ski but just go there to show off.

Kronplatz/Plan de Corones is a good ski area and i've had a couple of good holidays around Innichen/San Candido.
That's true. Other great places are Val Gardena (Ortisei/St Ulrich, Selva/Wolkenstein) and Val di Fassa (Canazei).
They all are better than Cortina if you are interested in just skiing, plus they aren't as expensive (although they still are a bit).

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is where Dolomites are located. The name "Dolomites" comes from the person who discovered this type of rock D.Dolomieu.

There is a phenomenon (marvel) at the sunset causing a pink-like colour to appear on the rocks.

Residents are bilingual, their culture and atiitude reminds Austrians!!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts