Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Dubai
40,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Donald Trump to visit Dubai
25-May-2005

Donald Trump spoke via video cast from New York at the Entrepreneurs in Dubai conference, in the International Entrepreneurship Forum and Exhibition 2005, held at the Dubai International Convention Centre. "Go against the tide, go with your gut, your instinct and Dubai is a good example for this," he said in this address to Dubai’s entrepreneurs.

In an aggressive tone he insisted to his audience to "get even" with those who harmed them. "It's important for self-esteem it's what I believe in and many disagree with me on this. When someone does anything bad to you, go after them and hit them harder than they hit you. At least then they will not take you on again. I get a great pleasure in going after people who have hurt me," Trump said.

Trump wore a dark suit with a pink tie with his hair neatly done, enthralled and entertained his listeners liberally intersperse his talk with anecdotes about his own life.

In his speech he exhorted the listeners by telling them that if they don't love what they do, they will never be successful. Successful entrepreneurs love their work passionately, and that never ever give up. Under no circumstances should one quit. Quitters are losers. Think of yourself as a warrior, he added.

Trump emphasized on the point of always staying focused, for him the beauty of going through tough times is that you will appreciate the good times better. “When times were bad for me, I did not have time to be negative. I was not focused when, in October 1989, the markets collapsed. It was a pretty ugly time for me. I had always made money, but for the first time I did not” he told to his listeners.

"Education and going to a great school is also very important. It's an asset for life. When I went to Wharton, it taught me that I could do more than compete with other smart people. It gives you self-confidence, in addition to knowledge and learning. In my TV show 'The Apprentice', we had two groups book-smart and street-smart. In the end, the book-smarts beat the street-smarts".

In a lighter vein, Trump said: "If you think you will be a person of means, always have a pre-nuptial agreement. It's a terrible thing and ugly, but in the United States, it has to be done. This includes women, too."

·
Registered
521 Posts
yea, read about this today in the paper, oh well,

·
Registered
521 Posts
i dont know, maybe not a tower, maybe he will join with a partner in it, not alone

·
Registered
32,114 Posts
juiced said:
The man has attitude issues!
... nah, he has HAIR issues. :lol:

·
Premium Member
38,005 Posts
expecting.....Trump World Tower Dubai...:)

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
juiced said:
The man has attitude issues!
He has a great attitude!
awesome business man.

if somone rips you off, go after them, destroy their business, make them loose their home, then go after all their imediate family and do the same!!!!

:guns:

·
Veteran Member
544 Posts
Hopefully this will attract some more attention out here in the US and bring some more well needed attention to Dubai from the Western world! YES! Finally!

I was actually in the process of making TV advertisements with video from dubai to attract attention, like one of those Visit Dubai Television Ads -- I got the idea from the Visit Florida aka Travel to Orlando tv advertisements.

:)

·
Patriotic Emirati
6,297 Posts
What is so special about this guy. Mohammed AL Abbar is way more attractive and better than this thingo.

I've seen him on Oprah with his bitch gf.

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
But one of the most succesfull ruthless business men ever.

captialism in one!

·
Veteran Member
544 Posts
i agreee... theres 1,000 times more successful people out there... he just hands himself a little more publicity by his property and his money flaunting and the TV show of course "the apprentice" some towers

trump towers (multiple city)
vegas trump hotel
trump golf course
trump resort

the guy loves his name too much

Martha stewart is worth a few times more than him -- he has his wig on a little too loose sometimes LOL

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
ragga said:
i agreee... theres 1,000 times more successful people out there... he just hands himself a little more publicity by his property and his money flaunting and the TV show of course "the apprentice" some towers

trump towers (multiple city)
vegas trump hotel
trump golf course
trump resort

the guy loves his name too much

Martha stewart is worth a few times more than him -- he has his wig on a little too loose sometimes LOL
Martha Stewart can't be worth more than him surely? All she does is bloody cook.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts